View topic - A day in the Ponyville Library

A day in the Ponyville Library

In character Pony Stuff. You can use this forum for any public, free for all roleplay.

Re: A day in the Ponyville Library

Postby Lunar Melody » Sun May 15, 2011 12:51 pm

Lunar's ears perked up at Zephyr's suggestion, a smile lighting up her sapphire face. "Oh, would you? I would simply adore that! I always enjoy playing for other ponies when I get the chance, it's been quite a while!" she said excitedly, those plum eyes gleaming with joy. Whether other ponies liked her music or not, she still always loved to share it. She did a happy little trot in a circle before facing Zephyr again.

"My place is just a bit up the road from here, did you need to stop back home to drop off your books? I wouldn't want to keep your family waiting for you very long, though they shouldn't use you in such a way. I'm sure you fly wonderfully, and your brothers are probably just jealous that they cannot compete with you. I do enjoy flying myself, makes getting around so very nice, and oh, the things you can see from the air! Simply astounding!" she said, pausing a moment and taking a breath to calm herself down. She was getting far too excited over all of this.
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Sun May 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Zephyr smiles, pleasently surprised at the sudden outburst of excitement from Lunar.

"It's alright," he grins, "my folks just need the book by tomorrow; I have all the time in the world." He grins again, excited to finally have met somepony who didn't think him annoying. Most ponies thought him too hyper, or a tad on the cocky side. This was the best luck he'd had in a while.

"Ready when you are, race ya there!"
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Mon May 16, 2011 8:58 am

A grin spread across Lunar's face and she gave a nod. "Wonderful! Oh, this is going to be so fun!" she exclaimed, doing another little trot in a circle.

"A race, hmm? Alright, I think I'll take you up on that!" the sapphire pony said as she quickly trotted out of the library, giving a wave to the purple unicorn at the check out desk before breaking into a gallop, spreading her wings and leaping into the air, zooming off towards a simple blue hut a ways down the street.

"Hah! He'll never catch up to me at this rate!" she said to herself, glancing back for a moment.
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Mon May 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Zephyr is stunned at the speed with which Lunar shoots down the street. He'd never expected such a display from an academic type. He was the best flyer he knew; the tenth best in flight school. He'd even set a speed record. Of course, that record had been shattered when that DROPOUT Rainbow Dash had pulled off a sonic rainboom at the last second in the annual young flyers competition, and he still fumed when he thought about it. And even after all that, he was going to have to go all out to beat Lunar.

"Oh, it's on..." he mutters, and takes off down the street after her, his mane and tail streaking behind him. He begins to gain, though not as quickly as he would like. He i just about to pass her when a thought occurs to him. He didn't know where the finish line was!!! Realizing that, he slows pace, just enough to maintain a fairly close distance. He was going to have to be quick if he wanted to pull this one off.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Mon May 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Lunar grinned as she saw that Zephyr was behind her, but her eyes widened as she saw that he was quickly catching up. She turned her gaze back forward and beat her wings harder, straining herself a bit to pull farther ahead. She usually didn't really go for speed when flying, rather she usually went at an easy pace so that she could watch everything below. She went a little faster when she was just flying for fun. But overall, she did enjoy a good competition here and there.

Her little house was just a bit away now, and she started making a bee line down toward it, going at full speed.
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Mon May 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Zephyr wasn't playing now. Lunar had picked up the pace, and it was a bit of a struggle to keep up. He made an oath to himself, right then and there, that he would work out a heck of a lot more when this race was over. They flew down the street, making crazy turns, barrel rolls, and taking the occasional shortcut down an alley. As they made one final turn, Zephyr decided to try something new. Shifting his wings he tried to do a roll right over Lunars head, into the lead -- and nearly flew straight into a fruit stand. The Pony running it had to dive for cover, knocking over half of her fruits in the process.

"SORRY!" Zephyr yells, as she fades into the distance.

Looking ahead, Zephyr groans. His little stunt had cost him the win, he was sure of that. But he wasn't about to give up yet. He pushes into over drive, going faster than ever before. With luck, he may be able to pull off a tie.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Mon May 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Lunar was bolting through the sky as fast as she could push herself to go, starting to get a little fatigued from the effort. She began going in for her landing in front of the little blue house, but turned her head to look back as she heard Zephyr calling back to somepony. "What? Oh-!" she began to exclaim as she crashed into her front lawn, landing on her front hooves first, toppling over forward and landing on her back.

"Ohh... everything's spinning!" she said, shaking her head to try and clear her vision. She wasn't the most graceful pony ever, but then again, she did spend most of her time reading and playing music instead of moving about in such a manner. She looked around for Zephyr, still seeing two of everything.
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Wed May 18, 2011 4:21 pm

The world shoots by Zephyr in a blur of chaotic motion. He hadn't flown so fast since flight camp, and Celestia, did he feel it. He has a huge cramp at the base of his wings, and pain shoots through his chest every time he draws breath. But he's catching up. He could win this, HE COULD WIN - SMACK!!! Lunar slams into the lawn, both ending the race, and slamming her face into the ground with the force of a meteor.

"OH, horsefritters!!!!" Zephyr shouts, slamming on the brakes. At the speed he was at, it took all of his remaining strength not to go straight into Lunar's house. Panting, he makes a shaky landing, then sags to the ground. The world begins to spin. After a minute or so, he is able to pick himself up, at least enough to make it over to where Lunar was still sitting, dazed. He is amazed she was awake at all; he'd seen ponies get knocked out cold from collisions at half the speed she had reached.

"Are you alright?" he gasps. It was all he could manage before slumping into the dirt a few inches away from Lunar. The world resumes its circular movement.

Still staring into the ground, he wheezes, "That was incredible, I haven't flown against somepony like you in a long time. Why didn't I hear about you in flight school?"

Determined to make at least one more attempt at a dignified loss, he begins to struggle to his hooves. About a foot off the ground, the world decides to pick up the pace, and Zephyr slumps back to the ground. He sighs. This has been a crazy day...
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Lunar responded with a bit of a groan as the world spun about her as well. The dizziness and exhaustion were just now catching up to her full force as she dropped over onto her side next to Zephyr. She closed her eyes to try and stop the spinning sensation, not feeling very well at all after all of the excitement.

"I'm o-okay, are you?" she managed to gasp, trying to slow and calm her breathing. She opened her eyes again to try and look at Zephyr but she was still very disoriented, so she was looking at a rock next to the silver pony as she spoke. "I mostly kept my head down at school. I used to be even more shy around other ponies, plus dad always sad bragging was bad." she said between breaths.

She shook her head a bit, slowly attempting to struggle to her hooves, not being all the successful at doing so. "Maybe a race wasn't the greatest idea." she said with a smile. "I have apple juice inside if you're thirsty."
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

Zephyr blinked, trying to get rid of the fuzziness that still clouded his vision. After a second or two, the world stopped spinning, and he was finally able to sit up. He grinned like a maniac.

"Best. Race. Yet. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. But you're right, maybe we pushed it a tiny bit too hard. That applejuice is just SCREAMINg my name right now."

Still grinning he got up to his hooves, albeit a bit shakily. Shaking out his windblown mane, he trotted over to where Lunar was sitting, smiling at him. Offering her his hoof, he pulled her to her hooves, steadying her when she began to sway. Concern crept into his features.

"Hey, are you sure you're alright? You still look a bit shaky there."
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Mon May 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Lunar looked up to Zephyr as he trotted over, smiling warmly as he helped her to her hooves and steadied her. She took a moment to adjust to standing again, shaking herself out from mane to tail, which were ruffled and mussed from the wind. "I'll be alright, thank you Zephyr." she replied with another smile. "I just haven't flown that fast in a long time. I don't do it very often. More of a reader than a flyer, I'm afraid."

The sapphire pony's vision finally began to clear as she led the silver Pegasus into her home. It wasn't much, but it was home. Her home was decorated simply with wooden furniture, the walls painted a very light blue. The drapes on the windows were white, along with any other fabric such as the couch cover and table cloth. A piano resided in the living room, and a set of stairs would lead up to her loft bedroom which was decorated in darker purples and blues.

Lunar trotted over into the kitchen, taking two bottles of apple juice from her refrigerator and setting them at the table. She also placed a plate of cupcakes on the table in case the other pony was hungry. She smiled as a small black kitten pranced into the kitchen and mewled at her.

"Oh hello there Astrid. Finally awake, are we?" she said with a grin, the kitten purring in response. Lunar took down a small bowl and filled it with food for the kitten before setting it on the floor in front of her along with a bowl of milk. She looked back to Zephyr and gave a tin flutter of her wings. "Please, make yourself at home."
Lunar Melody

Postby Masterweaver » Mon May 23, 2011 3:41 pm

MEANWHILE BACK AT THE LIBRARY

"I told you, it's the third most revolutionary spell since Garland's long-range signalflash!" Marbles stated, glaring at his debate opponent. Things had happened offscreen which, for some reason, had caused a very confused fuzzy pink snake to take up about a fifth of the main room.
Masterweaver

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 am

Sandy, not able to debate formidably on the subject of magic, seemed to be more pre-occupied by the wackiness which had happened during the off-screen portion, the content of which may never be known to man or pony. She stood beside the rather confused snake with an equally confused look on her face. Sandy couldn't say exactly what it was that caused the snake to be so confused, but she wasn't about to rule-out the rainbow-colored fro on her head as a factor. She reached out a cautious hoof in an attempt to feel its fur.

"Is it always pink like this or do you have to dye it?"
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Zephyr Haste » Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 am

After taking a generous sip from his bottle of apple juice, Zephyr let out a satisfied sigh. There wasn't a feeling in the world that could beat the thrill of the race. He never felt more alive than when he was streaking trough the sky, air flying through his mane. Astrid, purring, rubbed up against his hoof. Zephyr reached out to pet her, watching as Lunar worked her way around the house. She really was a gracious host, bustling about the kitchen in a fervor, even though Zephyr knew she had to feel like she just had an anvil dropped on her head. After a distracted moment, he remembered why they were there in the first place.

"So, is your music on a record or were you planning on playing it yourself?" he asked.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Mon May 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Lunar took a large quaff of her apple juice, the race having made her extremely thirsty. She even contemplated pursuing a second bottle of juice but decided against it. She took a moment to compose herself further, relaxing as she finally starting to feel as though she'd recovered most of herself from the exertion.

She looked up again as Zephyr spoke, smiling as she inclined her head towards the piano in the living room behind him. "I was going to play it myself. It's not very often I get to give a live performance." she said with a delighted grin, obviously excited to be playing for somepony again.

She nibbled at a cupcake for a moment before carefully making her way around him to pull out the little bench in front of the piano, seating herself while Astrid jumped up to curl up on top of the instrument comfortably. She settled in with a content purr while Lunar ran through a few scales to warm up.
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Listening to Lunar warm up on her piano, Zephyr began to get lost in thought. His Grandmare used to play Piano all the time; DeHoofy, Marezart, the list went on. She made the piano look like her plaything, and Zephyr had had neither the time or patience to ever practice, despite all his Grandmare's encouragement. Then she had developed arthritis, and had been forced to stop playing completely. Listening to Lunar play, he could almost hear his Grandmare's hoofs rattling out a jaunty tune on the keys.

Snapping back to reality, Zephyr continued to sip his apple juice. He was beginning to get impatient, and struggled not to let it show. He had problems sitting still even for a meal, and had always been berated by his parents every time he had gotten more food on the floor than in him in his haste to finish. Fidgeting slightly -- and praying Lunar didn't notice -- he tried to content himself, waiting for the true musical piece to begin.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Masterweaver » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Spoiler: show
And this is why I absolutely LOATHE ping-pong posting...
Masterweaver

Postby Zephyr Haste » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Sorry, I'll wrap this up. Got carried away.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Lunar Melody » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:02 am

[OOC: Sorry about that.]

Lunar finished her scales, pausing for a moment before beginning one of her pieces. She was a bit nervous that, like most everypony else, he wasn't going to like it, but she made sure not to show it. She let her hooves dance over the keys to produce a mix of ragtime and jazz, a fairly odd mix seeing as the styles conflicted slightly in general. But for this piece, they seemed to work together.

After finishing the piece, she looked back to Zephyr, and noticed that he was indeed getting rather fidgety. She bit her lower lip slightly and lowered her head in apology. "I'm sorry, I suppose it was a bit lengthy..." she said quietly.

She shifted a bit, glancing around and noticing her empty book bag next to the couch, which she hadn't taken to the library since she had only intended to study there. Her plum eyes widened as realization struck her. "Oh! Goodness, I'd forgotten I was supposed to pick up a book for my neighbor! I have to get back to the library."
Lunar Melody

Postby Zephyr Haste » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Zephyr enjoys the piece, letting the notes dance through his head as he watches. He feels a bit less fidgety now, and when Lunar finishes the song, he claps his hooves enthusiastically.

"Than was WONDERFUL!" he cries, "I can't believe you don't have any record deals."

Glancing at the watch along with Lunar, he realizes just how late the day is getting. Sighing, he gets to his hooves, and begins to head towards the front door. Pausing a moment, he looks back at Lunar.

"This really has been nice, and I'll be sure to apread the word. Maybe I can talk Vinyl Scratch into making a record with you."

He smiles, then heads out the door, taking flight and heading for home. He hadn't been entirely honest about his timeline, and hoped he could make it home in time to avoid a lecture. Picking up speed, he shoots off into the sky, and is soon a blip in the distance.

There you go, Master. Done.
Zephyr Haste

Postby Masterweaver » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 pm

...it's Weaver. Masterweaver. Not Master. Master gives me verrrrry bad memories.

The confused fuzzy snake had absolutely no idea how to take this and began pulling books off the shelves.

Marbles, meanwhile, sighed and turned to the librarian. "I'm terribly sorry about-- Wait, I know you from somewhere, don't I?"
Masterweaver

Postby Lunar Melody » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Lunar smiled sheepishly at Zephyr's applause and gave a small bow. She trotted over to the couch and slung her book bag over her head before she walked Zephyr out of her home, thanking him once more before he took off. She shortly followed suit, spreading her wings and taking off towards the library once again.

The sapphire Pegasus landed in front of the entrance, quietly walking in and giving another nod to the librarian before making her way to a book case. She paused as she caught sight of the snake, tilting her head slightly in curiosity. She hadn't seen anything like it before.
Lunar Melody

Postby Ashkitty » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Color Splash, a pink unicorn with rainbow hair and an artist cutie mark, decided to take some time and visit the library in Ponyville. She was in the middle of a commission, a poster for an upcoming event which she was asked to not discuss with anypony, and she was hit with an art block! She thought some research would inspire her into her work.

Of course, any normal pony could have ceased to revisit the library when they have already read every book on their favored subject, but Color Splash couldn't. She had already read and re-read every art book in the place, but they never failed to inspire her each and every time. Oh, how she wished to have the talent of the artistic ponies in those books!

Now, keep in mind that Color Splash was in the middle of an art piece and, as usual, wore it on her. Smears and splashes of paint adorned her pink fur, making her cutie mark look like it continued all over her body. Her hair was up in a casual ponytail, perfect for keeping her hair from the paint and ruining her piece. Any other pony would have cleaned up before heading into town, but not her. No, Color Splash wore her work like a dress worn by a princess.
Ashkitty

Postby Mayday » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Twilight Sparkle, a lavender coloured unicorn who is wearing no decoration of any sort on her body, is currently performing a complex cognitive process of decoding various written symbols in order to derive a purpose... purpose for which those books to exist, which, in another word. Studying.

Now let's pull back the setting for a moment. It is a bright and sunny day with beautiful sky adored with just a tiny little bit of clouds in the midst of spring, and in the middle of the day. The shadow is posting just off to the side and giving Color Splash a clear view to this large Golden Oak on her way in. No interruption whatsoever all the way to the door, that is.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 am

Sandy Rivers had since, decided that snakes and wigs and broken windows were far too great of a distraction for her and was instead, at a table adjacent to Twilight Sparkle. The entire table was completely covered with maps of all sorts and Sandy appeared to be drawing on a blank sheet. A closer look would reveal that she was actually copying the contents of all the other maps into a denser, single map. It was a process she liked to call compression. Of course, the maps weren't complete without the many drawings and sketches of things she found along the way; locations of note, peculiar plants and animals, or that one flower that caught her eye and made for a particularly delicious lunch.

Though it was mentioned earlier, it was probably worth mentioning again that Sandy wore her work as well. Her speedy methods of drawing were far from clean and spots of black ink were found all over her muzzle, face and neck. It was an oil-based ink no less, so there were plenty of smudges on her forehead and hooves from where she wiped her brow. Furthermore, her hooves were still dirty from a day full of traveling and bits of twigs, sap and leaves could be found in her mane and tail. She doesn't seem to mind her current state of affairs though- after all a Cartographer couldn't get their tail in a bunch every time they got dirty!
Sandy_Rivers

PreviousNext

Return to Public Roleplay