View topic - Diamond's Gallant Governmental Gathering for Governorship

Diamond's Gallant Governmental Gathering for Governorship

In character Pony Stuff. You can use this forum for any public, free for all roleplay.

Re: Diamond's Gallant Governmental Gathering for Governorshi

Postby Diamond Charm » Thu May 19, 2011 10:42 am

Diamond Charm ponders on the first question for but a second before giving Swirly a confused look, "I do not know this Scientology. I am a strong advocate for the advancement of science, however. If scientists follow this... Scientology, then yes, I advocate scientology and the research thereof. If this is not what you refer to, then... Probably not."

She looks at the new pony and immediately knows how to tackle this question, "Well, I haven't heard anything about these dragons causing problems beyond having bad breath that simply doesn't work with the image Equestria generally presents. Considering the vast wealth these visitors bring, I should like to open up commerce with any travelling dragons that find themselves in Equestria - So long as they understand that they need to keep their smoke and fire to themselves. Who knows - perhaps dragon fashion will be the next big breakthrough for the Equestrian economy."
These ponies don't wanna party! They want to paaaaar-tay!
-Great Philosopher and Wisemare Pinkie Pie
Diamond Charm

Postby Whiteeyes » Thu May 19, 2011 1:23 pm

"Hi Diamond Charm! Hi! What'cha you doin'?!" Whiteeyes asks, walking up with Mr. Bunny perched on her head.
This signature needs to be about 20% more Mr. Bunny.

Countdown to the Zombie Appocalypse: 87 DAYS
The first time you see this, copy it in your signature and subtract one.
Whiteeyes

Postby Masterweaver » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

"A pertinent question," Swirly commented, deadpan. "Miss Charm, how would you respond to rumors that Princess Celestia might take forceful action in exercising her governmental powers?
Masterweaver

Postby Diamond Charm » Thu May 19, 2011 7:15 pm

Diamond grimaces at Whiny's voice, "Whiny! Glad you could make it! This... This is a public forum. I'm trying to run for Governor. If you have any questions about my policies, you can ask them now. Or later, when I see you, since we're friends.

As for you, mystery mare in the back... Well, I would tell you to put the tabloids down. Our Princess has ruled consistently and peacefully for over a thousand years, I fail to see why that would change now that her sister has re-entered the picture."

She sighs, "I don't know what you and my dear, dear friend Graffheart think you are picking up on, but to prevent you two from asking any further questions along this line, I cannot emphasize enough the respect and admiration I hold for the royal sisters. If you want to ask me more questions about them, you will likely find nothing to the contrary. If either of you are interested, we can all sit down to some warm tea and enjoy this fine weather, and we can all discuss the royal sisters, and while you two cast doubt on their wisdom, I will be more than willing to defend their honor. I do ask, however... that one of you two pay for the tea. Next question?"
Diamond Charm

Postby Whiteeyes » Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Whiteeyes thinks for a bit, then raises her hoof. "What's your stance on the fact that a lot of businesses are unfairly discrimini-doscroma-are unfair because they outright refuse to hire 'blank flanks' solely because they don't have a matching cutie mark?"

Whiteeyes

Postby Masterweaver » Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 pm

"What is your stance on children attempting to enter the task force when they are unsuited for such an endeavor and therefore a risk to themselves and those around them?"
Masterweaver

Postby Diamond Charm » Thu May 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Diamond nods in approval, glad to be asked a question she can do something about when elected, and then glaring at Swirly's rude retort, "I think I will answer the last question first. I find it hard to believe that you honestly believe that all blank flanks are children. There are many right here in Ponyville who have not yet had the fortune of finding their special talents yet, and it is the privilege of those of us who know our skills to help them in any way we can. My friend Whiny here, though she doesn't know what she specializes in, has already shown unbelievable courage and competency at fending for herself... While defending me, mind you, against the dangers of the Everfree forest. Before you go showing off your ignorance any further, please leave - your continued presence offends me. "

Diamond stands, watching Swirly long enough to make the situation more than awkward for the imposing pony. She then turns to White eyes, "I feel that though it makes sense for business owners to want to hire only the most specialized individuals, that they are missing out on an opportunity to receive new approaches and attitudes with regards to the trade they work. The discrimination that you face when searching for jobs is unjustified and regrettable to say the least. When elected, I will work with business owners to develop fair and equitable policies which will help ensure that this discrimination comes to an end. Read my lips, everypony - blank flanks are not unskilled - they often are good at many things, they simply are masters of none --- yet."
Diamond Charm

Postby Chell » Thu May 19, 2011 8:16 pm

The pony who'd asked about dragons raised a hoof again. "Miss Charm, Miss Octavia has been asked about the rights of homosexual ponies. What are your stances on this rather touchy subject?"
Chell

Postby Diamond Charm » Thu May 19, 2011 8:23 pm

Diamond stifles a laugh, "You're joking, right? I wasn't aware this was an issue. I am easily the last candidate who would be opposed to preventing homosexual ponies from engaging in normal, healthy relationships with same-gendered partners. Any bills that hit my desk that attempt to curb these rights will be publicly released in newspapers, and their authors will be cited as failed comedians."
Diamond Charm

Postby Sleepy Mix » Fri May 20, 2011 7:35 am

Sleepy Mix after hearing a third pony asking questions raised his hoof again. "There was a bad case of food poisoning here in Ponyville not long ago and all sick ponies were taken care of in tents, all cramped up in one small space, just imagine the consequences if a deadly contagious virus would spread. Small towns like Ponyville don't have a hospital or atleast not a big one and are not well equiped in case of epidemics. My point is, will there be more funding for medical causes?"
Sleepy Mix

Postby Diamond Charm » Fri May 20, 2011 8:53 am

Diamond slumps somewhat, "I... I have to confess ignorance to the state of medical funding. However, if elected, you can rest assured," She smiles impishly, and searches the crowd for her militaristic rival, and locks eyes on him before stating her conclusion, "that I will certainly seek to draw funding from alternative sources should the need arise."
Diamond Charm

Postby Whiteeyes » Fri May 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Whiteeyes raises her hoof again. "What's homo-schedual mean?"

Whiteeyes

Postby Chell » Fri May 20, 2011 5:13 pm

The pony who asked the question quickly raised a hoof. "I can field that one! It's a pony who loves to make schedules." Having said that, she sat back down.
Chell

Postby Barbarella » Fri May 20, 2011 6:12 pm

Octavia, who was until now wearing a fake mustache, which has since fallen off, raises her hoof "I most certainly would not know what a 'homosexual' is, nor do I know what a 'cellosexual' is, before anypony asks me!"
Barbarella

Postby Diamond Charm » Sun May 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Diamond finds the banter tedious and boring, and overall a non-issue, and now it was becoming a boring, tedious non-issue that was DISTRACTING the crowds from her fantastic public speaking skills!

"Please, everypony, is this really necessary right now? Does anypony have anymore legitimate questions? If not, then if everypony would like, we may adjourn this event and if any of you would like a chance to speak individually, I would like the chance to speak with some of you personally."

She looks around for Swirly Mists, wondering if the rude pony had stayed.
Diamond Charm

Postby Whiteeyes » Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Whiteeye raises her hoof again. "Oooh oooh ooh I have a good question! I've heard that there have been a lot more monsters seen around town than there used to be. The number has gone up a lot, do you have any idea why?"

Whiteeyes

Postby Diamond Charm » Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Diamond Charm blinks - this question truly had taken her by surprise, "Any ideas I put forth would be purely supposition, but one can be sure that it is the result of conditions within the Everfree forest. Where else could these things be originating from? If... If I am elected, you can be certain that mine will be a legacy of transparency, and that any information I discover with regards to public safety will belong to that very public." She stops and thinks for a while. Narrowing her eyes, she smiles, narrowing her eyes and leaning closer to her audience, "If you want MY opinion, though, it's because the forest is such a drab place. So colorless and gnarled! Why, if a few competent ponies went in with flower seeds and magic and materials enough to prune the canopies and let some sunlight through to the ground? There should scarce be a reason for these beasts to roam outside the comforts of their wooded homeland."
Diamond Charm

Postby Masterweaver » Mon May 23, 2011 4:29 am

"Okay, two questions. What do you define as a monster, and why the HAY would you RUIN the absolutely beautiful forest of EVERFREE?" Swirly seems genuinely upset at the idea of defiling the forest, tears in her eyes as she stamps forward.
Masterweaver

Postby Diamond Charm » Mon May 23, 2011 5:02 am

Diamond cocks an eyebrow - The tables had turned, she quietly thinks to herself with a smile. She opens her mouth to say something truly snobby (and anypony close enough to see her expression can plainly see she was going to be unpleasant) and closes her mouth again. She silently laments that a stage with all eyes on her is not the place to carry out a verbal grudge match, and she lets out a small sigh.

"Again, the Everfree would not be inside my jurisdiction. You DO understand that I am running for the position of Governor of Foalton County, do you not? Also, please take note that I did not use the term monster once. I said 'beast'."
Diamond Charm

Postby Sleepy Mix » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:27 am

After arriving at Diamonds gathering, Sleepy took his time to catch his breath. After a short minute he raised his hoof. "Hey Diamond! I heard from Octavia that the election for governor starts some time after green week unless there are other major events scheduled. Is this true and can you be more specific?"

((Maybe I should just break the fourth wall instead of running around like that.))
Sleepy Mix

Postby Diamond Charm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:34 am

Diamond frowns, wondering how she had overlooked such an important detail. She forces a smile and replies loudly, "Um... YES! After green week, we will be holding elections barring other pressing matters that may or may not pop up. Her sources and mine must have been the same because I have nothing to add to that."
Diamond Charm

Postby Diamond Charm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 am

Diamond looked at the audience, and, feeling that she was losing them she quickly stamped a hoof into the stage to gain the attention of her audience once more, "Alright, if nopony has any further questions about the campaign - feel free to continue asking those if you'd like - would anypony like to ask me any personal questions? It is my understanding that there are plenty of rumors going about and I would be more than delighted to dispel any and all of the negative ones." She laughs briefly, "And I assure you, the positive ones are ALL true. There are no taboos, now, come - ask me anything at all and I shall endeavor to answer them truthfully and to the best of my ability."
Diamond Charm

Postby Sleepy Mix » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:56 am

"How close are you and Octavia these days?" Sleepy yelled out from in the crowd.

(( Is this an 'ask me' thread now? ))
Sleepy Mix

Postby Diamond Charm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:58 am

((... Maybe.))

Sleepy Mix wrote:"How close are you and Octavia these days?" Sleepy yelled out from in the crowd.

Diamond might not have heard the question, but she probably did hear it, "Any questions at all? No taboos, no topic is off limits!"
Diamond Charm

Postby Sleepy Mix » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:07 am

Sleepy jumps up and down waving his hooves in the air. "Ooh, ooh, pick me!!" He hoped she would notice him now.
Sleepy Mix

PreviousNext

Return to Public Roleplay