View topic - It's Cold Outside: A space adventure

It's Cold Outside: A space adventure

In character Pony Stuff. You can use this forum for any public, free for all roleplay.

It's Cold Outside: A space adventure

Postby Shinula » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 pm

This RP is currently active!
Story: An alternate reality, set in space, half past the future. The Royal Equestrian Space Corps has recently been losing ships out in an unexplored dark sector. All exploration has been halted, and instead a mission has been started to investigate what's been going on, salvage lost ships, and hopefully, rescue anypony still out there.
Your pony could very well be part of new team.. or maybe even a surviving crew member of one of the lost vessels.

Rules: Standard Fillydelphia rules apply, despite space theme. Cannon characters acceptable, OCs acceptable, events in this thread are not cannon to the chat. anypony can join.

They finally found one, or at least, most of one. After weeks searching, one of the lost exploration vessels. It was embedded in an asteroid, a good portion of it missing.

Image: Shine wasn't going to wait though, for scans or orders. She had work to do, and sitting about twiddling her hooves was not her style. Safety first? Feh!
She had already suited up the moment they had confirmed the wreckage to be Equestrian, and was sitting in an airlock as it decompresses around her, despite the protests she could hear over the comms. The zebra leaps out through the external airlock, the moment it's open, gently gliding through open space towards the wreckage. Her helmet flash light scans over the blue and gold emblem, painted on the hull, branding it as a Royal Equestrian space craft.
She thuds against the metal surface, and engages her magnetic boots, walking around to find a way in.
Shinula
Celestia

Re: It's Cold Outside: A space adventure

Postby Moonlight Darling » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 am

"WAIT FOR ME!" A filly screams as she jumps off the ship too. She lands on her rump and bursts into tears.
Moonlight Darling

Postby Shinula » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Shine rolls her eyes, and glances at the other pony who also drifted out after her, onto the derelict space ship. She clanks her way over, dimming her helmet light to look down at the pony. "Tsa, really? You gonna cry over that? You lucky you not break something with jump like that. Come on, get up. Hope you at least got magshoes on." She reaches out to help the pony up, before going back to looking for a way into the crashed vessel. She may have to start cutting in...
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Kiwi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:20 pm

Dark was aboard the Rescue Ship or what ever this thing was. He remained seated in the ship, leaning back without a care in the world. He was there for security and security alone, if anything were to attack the crew or the ship, it's his job to deal with it. The actual rescue mission? Not concerned about it. He didn't really care what they did, he just likes to travel. In fact, he enjoys traversing the empty vacuum so much, he constantly wore a hardened space-ready suit, capable of sustaining intense damage while remaining functional in the airless void. He listens to the comm's going nuts over two that have apparently disregarded protocol or something. He didn't like this crew, mostly a bunch of regular saps at first glance.
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:00 pm

Shine leaves the greenhorn to fend for herself, heading for a part of the hull that looked a bit weaker than elsewhere. She pulls her plasma cutter off her belt and starts slicing through the metal plating. If she was right it should be just a regular maintenance tunnel on the other side. From there she could get around the interior without issue.
She starts singing over the comms, tapping one of her hooves against the plating as she cuts through. Eventually she gets a nice pony sized puzzle piece, which she starts pulling out, leaving a pony sized hole. She chucks the removed panel behind herself, the piece floating through space, it's trajectory threatening to collide with the R.E.S. Trinity, Rescue and Salvage Ship.

Shine smiles to herself and hops into the hole, her helmet light brightening as she crawls through the maintenance tunnel of the desolate ship. It as dark in there, and she was likely to be eaten by a grue glad to have her helmet light. She does a quick inspection, and pulls out her analyzer to have a go at the power cables running through the tunnel. "Huh, that weird... no power issues. Everything flow properly." she says to herself. She continues on down the tunnel and finds an interior hatch. She tries to open it, and the door motors whir but it doesn't open, like somepony had jammed it. She rolls her eyes and just starts cutting it open. Easier than trying to find out why it wouldn't work.

"Uh, you uh... hey uh. I gonna need somepony down here. One with a plasma cannon. Just saying. Maybe two cannon." says Shine, her voice crackling over the comms, offering no explanation to what she's found on the other side.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Kiwi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:05 am

The lazy anti-social stallion was sadly listening in to the comms. He sighs at what was essentially a call to do something that potentially involved being told a life story and general useless chit chat. He heaves himself up to a stand, grabbing his completely conventional pentagonal bar with a handle... his mace. He didn't have plasma cannons, didn't like the idea of that explosion stuff. But he takes one from the ship anyways, because hey, who's going to question him? No one. He gathers the remaining space-faring equipment that he did not always have attached to himself, like a pair of small thrusters.

"Yeah, on my way." his voice rumbles back over the comms. Not so quickly exiting the airlock then pushing himself into the void, blinking at a large chunk of recently welded ship that was carelessly tossed aside. Boosting a little towards it and batting it off into the nothing away from the two ships with his mace. Then resumes floating down. Once he lands near the hole Shine had cut, he crawls in, tight squeeze for a big pony. Who needs magnets? Dark does, but he doesn't use those now. The huffy stallion makes his way through to where Shine's suit locator was.

"Stupid things going wrong, make me do things..." he grumbles to himself.
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Dark would find the zebra through the way she went. Beyond the maintenance hatch was the ship mess hall... and it was a mess. There was some kind of, purple growth on everything, thick, sticky webbing covering the tables, the walls, the ceiling. Just everywhere in the room.
It looked like the power was still up too, although the lights had been all smashed. Vending machines still work though, so everything was going to be fine.

Then there were the eggs. Egg shaped as eggs should be, clustered in the middle of the room, like some kind of huge nest. There must be at least 30 eggs, all the size of a ponies head. One of them, was cracked open, the shell laying next to it.

Shine was nowhere to be se- "Hey! Finally, took you long enough." says Shine to Dark, suddenly emerging from the darkness. Her helmet light had been broken, and it wouldn't matter anyway as most of her vision was being covered by.. a thing. Picture a sea urchin, but with tendrils instead of spines... and a space for teeth. It was trying to bite through her helmet while gripping on, but Shine didn't seem to mind much.

"Sooo infestation. You know what these things are? Cuz I not. They cute though." she says, giggling a bit and poking the creature. It immediately latches onto her hoof and tries to eat that. Thank goodness for hardsuits. "Problem is uh, obviously these ones only babies."
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Kiwi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Dark floats in idly, looking around at the creepy purple stuff, he has seen weirder though that doesn't mean this isn't weird. He looks at Shine, brown helmet with an oddly annoyed expression though it doesn't express emotion, she knows there's at least one eye staring at her blackly behind that black visor. "Speed was not of the essence, if it were, you would have been more distressed." he replies blankly to the other. He wriggle about some, then discards the plasma cannon he had on him towards Shine. "Take, I do not need." he adds. Now firmly staring at the seemingly alien lifeform. "Do not know creature, I wonder if it can survive the vacuum of space..." he wonders. Figure out weakness immediately, might come in handy later.

He then looks to the remaining eggs. "Destroy eggs, possible threat, then hunt down the spawner." the stallion huffs, no regard for possibly sentient life. "Or just detonate the ship." he shrugs. Good options right?
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Shine huffs and says "Just cuz I not panicking does not mean it is not a serious issue!" a bit crossly.
She then blinks and catches the cannon, putting it on her back. "You know I not allowed to use these right? No authorization." she says, although this didn't stop her from keeping the weapon. The fire arms are locked so that only certain personnel can use them but she would probably find a way around that later.

Shine waggles the vicious baby alien at Dark "Well it is actually a vacuum in here. I checked! But also I cut a hole in the wall so if it was not already it would be by now."

Shine looks about before gasping and looking back at Dark. "You cannot do that! They are way too cute. Look at hiiiiiim!" she says, holding the critter up to Dark's helmet, as it immediately tries to latch on. "Also last time I blew up a ship I got in trouble. We are kind of meant to rescue and salvage not just destroy stuff, apparently."
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Kiwi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Dark blinks. "So? Who's gonna report you? Me?" he snorts, as long as they weren't communicating over comms Shine was all good. "How neat. Organism that survives in space. I suppose fire would be a better solution then." he shrugs. The armoured stallion stares at the alien spawn blackly as he did most things.
"Cuteness is irrelevant, my job is security and not the preservation of potentially security jeopardizing organisms. Also, I can, and will unless there is solid evidence I am not allowed to do so." he shrugs his mace from his back and clasping it.

"Yeah, me too. Almost got everypony on-board killed. Wasn't my fault my armour harder than the hull." he snorts. "But the rescue part isn't my job, so I do get to blow up the ship if needed... IF." If, being always; because the remainders of the ship could be salvaged by marauders or something. He aims the mace at the eggs then stops. "Speaking of which, where is the salvage crew?" he asks.
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Shine thinks about it then says "Usually it pretty hard to hide exploding ship I found." thoughtfully before rolling her eyes at Dark. "Yeah but we got no AIR for that either. We would have to seal everything and get the atmosphere systems back up.. assuming they still fixable."

She frowns and says "If you start breaking eggs you gonna upset em. Just like, watch out for big ones. I mean I assume they get bigger than hoof ball."
When Dark asks about the rest of the crew she says "Oh pft, probably still putting on their pants." as she wanders over to a vending machine and starts breaking it open with her various tools. "Not like we need them. You just watch my back! We look around and probably find nopony and then I can start taking the place apart."
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Kiwi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Dark thinks about this... but they are threat, but ANGRY big ones are more of a threat than just big ones, so he holsters his mace. He remains silent for now, nothing needs to be said, he simply nods. He would follow until needed for something other than conversation. While he drifts about behind Shine, he tinkers with his suit, making sure all his equipment is ready, clean, prepped and so forth. He liked to have his grapple hook ready as It was useful!

Dark didn't seem phased by the missing crew... or the mission in general.
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:38 am

Shine starts wandering out of the abandoned cafeteria, into a hallway. There was more of that purple webbing but significantly less of it outside the mess hall.
Shine looks down the hall and says "Any idea where we should check first? Where would pony go to survive and hide?", taking out a device and looking at the readings. She puts it away after a moment and starts walking without waiting for Dark to answer. She wasn't going anywhere in particular though, just aimlessly wandering until they ran into something exciting. "I mean I would have stayed in the mess hall but uh, yeah. Obviously no pony gonna do that right now."
Shinula
Celestia

Postby MrPip42 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:19 pm

ColdRemedy would actually be found outside of the cafeteria, roaming the halls. Being stranded on a ship wasn't exactly something she liked doing, but she was kinda stuck. Remedy was in a slim, metal suit meant only so you can breathe, and also it protects you from radiation, which wouldn't be surprising since it's a suit for scientists.
"Why did these purple things have to infest the entire ship? It was hard enough being stranded." She said aloud, though the microphone on her suit wasn't on so nopony would hear her.
MrPip42

Postby Kiwi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:50 pm

Would remain behind Shine. "... I would have no idea where to start. Why would I?" he retorts, confused as to why Shine would ask that. Dark simply poked at the purple infestation, unsure of it's origin or whether it was a threat.

Dark would be fairly easy to see in the light, but not so much in the dark (heh) as he had no lights on... who needs them?
Kiwi

Postby Shinula » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:47 am

Sorry I forgot about this. Things have been busy

"Well I don't know!" she says with a huff. "I was just askin. I mean how am I meant to know?"
She finds a door to Barracks A3 and starts trying to pry it open, while saying into her communications: "Hey we gonna get some support down here? Only we both kinda agree on scuttlings the whole boat and if somepony does not come down here and disagree then I gonna start placing charges"

She soon gets the door open, only to have a much larger tendril ball fly out and hit her in the face, knocking the engineer to the ground. The only real difference with the adult versions of these creatures, beside the size of course, was the two large tentacles that worked as better manipulators than the layer of tendrils. They still had teeth though, and it was trying to bite through her helmet. "Off!Off!Off!"
Shinula
Celestia

Postby MrPip42 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 am

Soon ColdRemedy started to hear the yelling coming not too far away, heading towards what she thinks is the barracks, even if she was on this ship she didn't exactly get around the ship often, usually staying in medical sections of the ship.Turning the corner, and avoiding the purple organisms all around, she found the two there. An adult purple thingy on one of the two's head. Her flashlight pointing right at them.
Other than eyes showing from her visor, Remedy wouldn't be seen too much other than a hunk of metal shaped like a pony, at least her suit was painted green.
MrPip42

Return to Public Roleplay