View topic - Continuity merge-

Continuity merge-

Out of character discussion for roleplay related stuff

Continuity merge-

Postby AppleTart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:55 am

Hey yall! I just wanted to open up a thread so we can discuss the continuity merge (and by extension, 'grey week'), pretty much any concerns, comments, questions, grievances, rants, death threats directed at the OP and marriage proposals you may have can go right here!
To get it rolling:
How do you like the idea in general?
Is it being handled well so far?
Any comments you can make to canon players to help refine their characters?
Is Applejack the best pony?
Spoiler: show
Yes.

And, to the part that most of you are probably concerned most about!
Discordant OC policy- Update again! Again!
Mayday wrote:To see the list: http://fillydelphia.com/chat/profile/Discord

To get your pony Discordent: I will need to know which "Element" that represent your character to reverse, and we will either hold a dialogue In character, or do it off scene, whichever. The spell should be pretty difficult to break. But I don't see any issue with it being broken by your friends with some effort!.

And remember to Be respectful of anypony who doesn't want to roleplay with a Discordent character!
Withdraw politely when players request in whisper!

Oh! I was going to update this but then Mayday did it herself! Yay Mayday!

Other (kinda maybe) important IC stuff:
Carousel Boutique is currently boarded up and all of the doors are blockaded, there is no clear entrance. :sweetieunsure:
The Sweets in Sugar Cube Corner aren't so sweet, or edible for that matter. :pinkiesick:
Twilight Sparkle's not in town :twilightoops:
Fluttershy's cottage is largely devoid of cute little furry animals. :flutterbad:
Derpy's Derpy. :derpyt:
And FLuttershy is SUPER mean!
Last edited by AppleTart on Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 16 times in total.
AppleTart

Re: Continuity merge-

Postby Moonshade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 am

Good.

Yes.

From what I have seen, it is top notch.

Are you interested in having a discordant OC?

Actually yes.

Does this all sound cheesy as heck?

???
Moonshade

Postby AppleTart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:56 am

Moonshade wrote:How do you like the idea in general?

???

Doesn't this seem like one of those surveys that businesses/your teachers pass out for you to sign?
Because, like all those, this feedback is greatly appreciated. :twilightsmile:
AppleTart

Postby Armads » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:04 am

-It's ok. I think it's a bit soon though. I would have waited until the end of the second part before doing anything.

-Other than my concern for question 1... it's too soon to tell. But from what I've seen it's alright.

-Try not to cause too much character development until you know how this all ends? We don't want to be forced to retcon things.

-Personally, unless the mods ask certain players to become discordant, it should be avoided. We don't want everypony playing discordant ponies.

-Not really. We've had cheesier.
Armads

Postby Moonshade » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 am

AppleTart wrote:
Moonshade wrote:How do you like the idea in general?

???

Doesn't this seem like one of those surveys that businesses/your teachers pass out for you to sign?
Because, like all those, this feedback is greatly appreciated. :twilightsmile:

Ah, yeah, now I understand.
Moonshade

Postby MojitoJoe » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:33 am

As for the so far what looks like 5 of the main 6 had been discorded and I'm very happy how all the players been treating them...

However I will say this. Random discord-ish events such as chocolate milk rain, rabbits and squirrels with giraffe legs, and any other way out there mad cap craziness that this week will produce should be left to mods and admins to distribute.
MojitoJoe

Postby AppleTart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:27 am

Oh!
Should totally mention that if you're interested in doing a discordant OC to please check in with Mayday, she seems to be running that little thing.

Sorry if I'm telling them to do the wrong thing Mayday please don't hurt me.
AppleTart

Postby Mayday » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:10 am

AppleTart wrote:Sorry if I'm telling them to do the wrong thing Mayday please don't hurt me.

Deloying surprise in 3... 2... 1...

Should totally mention that if you're interested in doing a discordant OC to please check in with Mayday, she seems to be running that little thing.

Currently adding OC discordant is put on hold because there are some disagreement with this with other mods. I'm still waiting for other mod to respond to my reply.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Obsidian » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:24 am

Mayday wrote:
AppleTart wrote:Sorry if I'm telling them to do the wrong thing Mayday please don't hurt me.

Deloying surprise in 3... 2... 1...

Currently adding OC discordant is put on hold because there are some disagreement with this with other mods. I'm still waiting for other mod to respond to my reply.

IF we add discordant OCs, can we get a public list this time instead of all the mystery around our elements of discord?
Obsidian

Postby Mayday » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:35 am

Obsidian wrote:IF we add discordant OCs, can we get a public list this time instead of all the mystery around our elements of discord?

Like I said it is put on hold at the moment.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby LennonFan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:56 am

I love it!

Yes.

Nothing I can think of.

*rubs hooves together* Oh goodness yes.

Not at all.
LennonFan

Postby Mayday » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Alright we are good to go. currently I play Discord. If you need Discord to come and give your pony some attention, let me know, But for the most part he will just enjoy the chaos he started while doing some casual interaction that are unlikely to lead anywhere to make sure we don't break canon.

To see the list: http://fillydelphia.com/chat/profile/Discord

To get your pony Discordent: I will need to know which "Element" that represent your character to reverse, and we will either hold a dialogue In character, or do it off scene, whichever. The spell should be pretty difficult to break. But I don't see any issue with it being broken by your friends with some effort!
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Obsidian » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 am

I think it may have been done too soon. We only got a couple minutes of discordant behavior to base things off of.

Can't tell yet

I think they're laying it on a little thick actually.
And I think we should break out the mane 6 more often than just to cause mischief.

I'll make one just for the heck of it

Quite
Obsidian

Postby Diamond Charm » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:27 am

I do like it! And this community needs a little spontaneity once in a while, so I'm glad we just jumped right into it!

I've liked the interactions I've seen so far!

Nope! I'm pretty happy with what I've seen so far! Seems pretty... Discordy.

Yesssssss...

Mmmmmmmmyup!
These ponies don't wanna party! They want to paaaaar-tay!
-Great Philosopher and Wisemare Pinkie Pie
Diamond Charm

Postby Greasehoof » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 am

Definitely like it a lot. It is a nice variation and makes a fresh start in this week pretty awesome.

The canon Chars are really well played!

Not one thing.

Absolutely!

I've had worse
Greasehoof

Postby AppleTart » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:56 am

Just to everypony knows the Discordant ponies list has grown! Please do be sure to check up on it if you wish to know who's a meany weanie!

Clickedy click!
http://fillydelphia.com/chat/profile/Discord

Pt. 2

Any suggestions to ponies playing Discordant OCs?
Remeber yall, constructive criticism ;D
AppleTart

Postby LennonFan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:44 am

Out of curiosity, how is everypony liking discordant Orion?
LennonFan

Postby Sleepy Mix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:53 am

He's great! So are all the other discordents. I wish I had one.
Sleepy Mix

Postby Obsidian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Personally I think the discordants are sucking the fun out of things. Even if they aren't RPing with you directly, their actions in the background really ruin the overall mood of things.

I'd rather not ask anybody to go elsewhere every time we're in the same room.
So, I think it'd be nice to have one of the non-main rooms set aside as a Discord-free area. That way everypony can continue to RP they way they want.

Discordants and those that don't mind can stay in the main rooms, and those of us that would rather avoid the whole mess but still want to RP can have Other or Game or something.

These are just my suggestions, but I think they'd be the simplest solution.
Obsidian

Postby Mayday » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:29 pm

You can do that ICly but we are not going to mark specific room off limit as Discord free area. A lot of character are pretty discordant to begin with, beside, it is only 4 more days. You can easily tell anypony to stays off your roleplay. (like you always can, discordant or not, mind you)

I have told all the ponies to be respectful of those request too (even thought they always should respect player wish to begin with).

Would be nice if you have explained more about how they "suck the fun" out of things cause that is really the problem here, but if it just "ruin overall mood" then I am afraid there isn't much we can do. Not all event are going to be sunshine and happiness. This place is meant to be like Ponyville where there are up and down.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Variety » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 am

Also. You know. Discord is Canon. You can't really say. 'No. No, not acknowledging this. I want a place to go to where it's not allowed to follow me.' If you want to use the other room or game room to host private roleplays where they won't be around you, you can do that, lots of folks use it for that purpose, but we're not going to tell them that room is off limits to them. That's asinine. It's everypony's room.
Variety

Postby Divinity Dust » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:10 am

I will admit to having a couple issues with the whole Discordant thing. Yeah, it was really fun at first, but having it drag on a whole week is a bit... tedious. It gets old (Exept AJ. She never gets old!).

...I think my biggest issue, though, is the fact that when we get episode two we are going to find out it was all resolved, like the Nightmare Moon thing, in the course of one day, two or three tops. So it seems premature to merge the continuity to me... I'd have waited for both episodes to be out before doing so.
Divinity Dust

Postby Skyblaze » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:31 am

I haven't interacted yet with any of the discordant characters, OC or otherwise, so I can't really speak to how well they're doing or how it's being handled.

However, I am having fun roleplaying poor Skyblaze's reaction to all the chaos of cotton candy clouds, chocolate rain, and Greg the Tree turning into a plushie tree. :rainbowlaugh:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
Skyblaze

Postby Mayday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:33 am

We do expect issue, we certainly don't expect every pony to like everything. Though we didn't expect patient to runs out on just a few days on things you can generally avoid. I was hoping people would be more to the show spirits, trying to reverts the discordant by working together and connect with friendship and all, but I guess some people don't want to bother. =/

It is still good to know that a number of people are having fun. We are going to continues trying new things, maybe next time there will be improvement over how it is handled.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby AppleTart » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:00 am

Divinity Dust wrote:...I think my biggest issue, though, is the fact that when we get episode two we are going to find out it was all resolved, like the Nightmare Moon thing, in the course of one day, two or three tops. So it seems premature to merge the continuity to me... I'd have waited for both episodes to be out before doing so.

My response to this is pretty much that we are diverging from the canon a bit, making something that happens and then gets resolved in a day or two in showtime into a quick little RP event is a bit too much of a one off for me. I like that we're able to stretch our legs and get the OCs involved, sure, it's not sticking to the show's story 110% but it's all for fun and I see it as a way to swap things up a little and get all our favorite ponies involved.

(Exept AJ. She never gets old!).

LennonFan wrote:Out of curiosity, how is everypony liking discordant Orion?

Going pretty good, I haven't been following you too closely though. One thing I might mention is that his knowledge of Discord (most notably what Discord did to him) erks me just a tad. I was under the impression the ponies weren't aware they were being manipulated by an outside source. But that's just me and you know your character far better than I do.
AppleTart

Next

Return to Out of character