View topic - Crossover Roleplay Premise

Crossover Roleplay Premise

Everything else not pony related can goes here

Crossover Roleplay Premise

Postby Morguemeat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 am

The chatroom can be found here: http://pjj.cc/egq/

It was just another relatively peaceful afternoon in the great city of Canterlot. The social elite of the Pony-folk were going about their daily lives, blissfully unaware of the events that were to take place that day.

When the sky rumbled, a great number of eyes moved skyward. Rain wasn't in the weather schedule for that day, but the energetic and playful Pegasi were known to be pranksters, so there was no cause for alarm just yet. It was when the sky roared and caused the ground beneath their hooves to shudder that the Ponies of Canterlot became concerned.

The sky rippled and seemed to be suddenly torn asunder by a great maelstrom of chaotic color and motion. Within minutes, dozens of immense objects loomed over the city, casting it in shadow. The roaring and twisting maelstrom appeared to implode in on itself, vanishing just as suddenly as it appeared. Now left with these msyterious objects, the Ponies stared up at them in equal measures of awe and fear. The objects somewhat resembled air yachts, although some were so tremendous, they could almost be small cities in their own right. Nopony was sure of what they could be, but one thing was for certain, they were not of Equestria.

After several long anxious moments, a massive glowing rectangle suddenly appeared in the sky, below the floating objects. A strange face appeared upon it, staring down at the city from behind a pair of shimmering round tinted glasses. Lips pulled away to reveal a wide toothy grin just below a bushy fiery red mustache and a large red nose. The giant floating face spoke, its voice deep and dripping with malevolence.

"Attention people of Equestria. Allow me to introduce myself. I am the great Doctor Ivo Robotnik, gentleman, genius, and inventor extraordinaire. I have come to personally welcome you to the latest addition to my empire. Now please, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!"

As the face in the sky vanished, Ponies looked and spoke to each other, confused at what they had just seen, of course, this was before they noticed the sky coming alive with motion. Much smaller objects began emerging from the bigger ones above, and it wasn't long before the Ponies became aware that the objects were coming towards them!

Ponies began to clear out as bulky crafts touched down in the city, hatches opening and sections sliding open as strange creatures began to pour from them. They were humanoids with egg-shaped bodies that appeared to be made of metal. As soon as they cleared their crafts, they began to fire upon the fleeing pony-folk with weapons that discharged glowing beams of energy. Any ponies hit were quickly disabled or rendered unconscious. Not even the Pegasi could quite get away, as many of the invaders possessed the ability to fly as well. The streets of Canterlot began to flood with the attackers, rapidly overwhelming the populace.

When things seemed as though they couldn't get any worse, more craft began to arrive, these ones carrying even more terrible foes. Upon nearing the ground, clamps were disengaged and giant, towering versions of the strange and frightening invaders were dropped into the city in ones and twos. They began to stomp through the city firing unusual projectiles at anypony within range. Every pony hit found themselves trapped in clear bubbles, and soon discovered the material to be particularly resilient. Not even Unicorn horns could puncture them. Long prehensile hoses sucked in the trapped Ponies, storing them in huge transparent tanks attached to the backs of the enormous creatures.

In a short time, the great city of Canterlot had fallen, its residents captured or chased away. It is assumed the palace of the two sisters had followed suit soon afterward, although the fate of the Princesses currently remains a mystery. In the days that followed, Canterlot became the new Capital city of the curiously named Eggman Empire. The lush gardens and intricate architecture was quickly replaced by cold metal and machinery. Where the palace stood now rests an ominous egg-shaped structure, known only as the Egg Dome. The sky above the also curiously named Eggopolis has become perpetually dark and polluted. The rest of the country remains untouched, for now, but it is only a matter of time before the mysterious Doctor Robotnik begins to spread his influence further out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you that didn't TL;DR, that is the premise of a Crossover roleplay I would very much like to create and run if I am able to acquire enough interest. Yes, I am aware that this is a rather silly idea that would probably make for a better quirky fanfic, but I see a lot of roleplay potential in it. I would very much like to see what you all think of my silly idea, so feedback would very much be appreciated. The roleplay will most likely be a chatroom hosted off-site, most likely PJJ. If anypony has any better suggestions, I would love to hear them.
Last edited by Morguemeat on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Morguemeat
Nightmare Moon

Re: Crossover Roleplay Premise

Postby Feather_Quill » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 am

All I can see from this is Sonic arriving, and Rainbow Dash and him having a race. XD

But still it's a very silly, if entertaining idea.
Feather_Quill

Postby DblSpark » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 am

Heh I'm up for it this will be fun XD

Also Feather I see Metal sonic teaming up with Harmony (Our Super robot unicorn) and challenging Rainbow Dash and Sonic to race around Canterlot which is now like the Stardust Speedway Bad future. <--Hmm that gives me good fan fic idea
DblSpark

Postby Obsidian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:52 am

As Harmony's player I could see that happening.
Obsidian

Postby MojitoJoe » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 pm

I'd be interested honestly. Imagine Swift_Bolt in this scenario meeting Knuckles?
MojitoJoe

Postby Lightning Flicker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Sounds steampunkish to me, but then again I just mostly skimmed up for it. TailSword is in this for the bits!
Lightning Flicker

Postby Feather_Quill » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:28 pm

I'd be interested in joining. I'm sure Snickers would be perfect for this.
Feather_Quill

Postby Dragonshy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd love to play in this! Ryu would be having fun fighting new and strange enemies and Kyubi would love to meet and hug the entire Sonic gang. Can't wait to see how Shadow reacts. XD
Dragonshy

Postby Kari Lightsworn » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:57 pm

...I would totally be on board with this. Granted, I'm a bit hesitant due to bad experiences from the Sonic Fandom, but with you guys? Buck it, let's do it.

Besides, I vastly underestimated how much I would like Velvet, and I can't use her in normal Filly for now, sooo...
Kari Lightsworn

Postby LennonFan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Orion's in this for sure! One last adventure before settling down to raise Melody. Until she's old enough to start adventuring too.
LennonFan

Postby Morguemeat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Well! This has so far been an unexpected response. I have to say I am quite pleased! I was going ask the question on if I should allow Sonic canons, but I guess that was already answered! I still need to come up with a name for the roleplay, in order to get started on making the chatroom. Was contemplating some sort of Egg pun, but I'm drawing a blank. Dang.
Morguemeat
Nightmare Moon

Postby VinnyHavoc » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Would I be shunned if I said Crystal Shard would likely, at least at first, team up with Robotnic out of fascination for these new studies of science?
VinnyHavoc

Postby Morguemeat » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, we certainly need to have more personalities in the Eggman Empire aside from Robotnik and possibly Snively.
Morguemeat
Nightmare Moon

Postby Obsidian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:19 pm

Harmony could probably get suckered into it. :derpyt:
Obsidian

Postby Greasehoof » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:01 am

Grease would be so into that. I could see him being the right hoof to Robotnik. Blissfully unaware about his real intentions.
Greasehoof

Postby Sonic Blitz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 am

I suddenly feel like another me has entered in the pony universe :P
Sonic Blitz

Postby Morguemeat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:53 am

The chat is up and running for the most part, so I will update the main post with a link. I will put one here as well. http://pjj.cc/egq/
Morguemeat
Nightmare Moon

Postby DblSpark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:07 am

Omigosh the Archie series XD...you're giving us a lot of stuff to mess with now :rainbowwild:
DblSpark

Postby Obsidian » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh, the Archie series. I don't know anything about that one. I guess I'll pull out then
Obsidian

Postby Morguemeat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Right, now that I have the chat up, Ponies are free to start showing up, and possibly getting some roleplay started. The place Is not really pretty, but I'm not exactly a graphic artist, so I will most likely need somepony to help me with that. If there's something anypony thinks is missing, please let me know, and I will do my best to include what is necessary.
Morguemeat
Nightmare Moon

Postby DblSpark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Don't sweat it Obsidian the archie comics just expand on the world outside the games. Like characters origins and families its full of filler and more character development plus there's more story and a ton of characters some that don't exist in the game world. Just some extra things to be honest
DblSpark

Postby Whiteeyes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:36 am

Obsidian wrote:Oh, the Archie series. I don't know anything about that one. I guess I'll pull out then

You know the characters from the games? They are in there. There are extra characters in addition. You don't really need to know a lot cause Eggman is coming HERE, so interactions with Mobeus would be limited.
This signature needs to be about 20% more Mr. Bunny.

Countdown to the Zombie Appocalypse: 87 DAYS
The first time you see this, copy it in your signature and subtract one.
Whiteeyes

Return to General Mayhem