Everything else not pony related can goes here

Fillydelphia TF2 Server!

Postby Apple Jack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Description!

TF2 Fillydelphia server. Thoughts?
Apple Jack

Re: Fillydelphia TF2 Server!

Postby AppleTwist » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:02 pm

I fully endorse this! Lets try it at once! As for maps... I only remember a few. A cloudsdale map, a Ponyville map, A Sweetapple Acres Map.... and I think there was a Canterlot map once! Uhhh... there is a function where any players can put of pony skins but I am not very tech savvy in that department... and yea... I will see if I can dig up more about what I remember. x.x :derpydd:
AppleTwist

Postby Dragonshy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:16 pm

I'd like one. I already play on a server that runs a Cloudsdale, Appleloosa and I think its SSA map?
Dragonshy

Postby Apple Jack » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

I think this is a good idea (Not my idea.) It'd be fun. Maybe a cap of 32 players?
Apple Jack

Postby kojonny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 pm

well i would like to join yall if you do make it.
kojonny

Postby Shinula » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 am

A nice idea with many things left unsaid.
Who will host? Who will manage it? Will it be public and if so who would moderate it? Will it use plugins? What game modes and maps will it use? Will it be MVM or the usual 2 team games? Will it use annoying custom content?

@Apple Jack: The player cap would depend on the server limitations.

Also, in general, custom maps might look neat but often they're poorly designed in terms of gameplay. Not to mention people have to download them which can be a hassle.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Mayday » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:23 pm

We will host the server, we have plenty of bandwidth and CPU / memory left still.

I just need all the information like what maps, where to get those map, skin, mods, etc, in the rotation and such and all the relevant inform like settings.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Dragonshy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Well we could just have it like a trade server where there is no objective. MVM sounds good too, but there can only be 6 players at a time from what I've seen. And map wise, I don't know where to get maps like Cloudsdale or Appleloosa.
Dragonshy

Postby Iona » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 am

Dragonshy wrote:Well we could just have it like a trade server where there is no objective. MVM sounds good too, but there can only be 6 players at a time from what I've seen. And map wise, I don't know where to get maps like Cloudsdale or Appleloosa.

I'm personally against MVM, and a trade server. I'm tired of seeing idler/trading/achievement servers. That's not what TF2 is about. At least, what it shouldn't be about.
Iona

Postby Shinula » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:11 pm

@Iona & Dragonshy: I agree I: Too many junk servers that serve no purpose. I like MvM myself but the 6 player limitation makes it a bad option IF there's enough players wanting to play.

@Mayday: I can do all that.

I am going to need people to tell me what they want in the server though
We know we want custom pony maps because you are all silly like that. But there's other stuff we can have so if you know what you want post in the thread!
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Dragonshy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Well I like capture the flag personally. It gives you an objective and you can just mess around if you don't feel like capturing it. We can have game and map rotation though depending on how everypony feels.
Dragonshy

Postby Iona » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Capture the intel is one of the base modes of TF2. We could also have vs Saxton Hale (there's a server I frequent which is modded and is vs Ponyville with each pony having a unique theme and ability to fight the other team with), Death Run, whatever you'd like.
Iona

Postby Apple Jack » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Death run is fun! Not sure what a vs Saxton Hale is. Though, if we do end up doing capture the flag, we should have 2Fort.
Apple Jack

Postby Iona » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Apple Jack wrote:Death run is fun! Not sure what a vs Saxton Hale is.

Vs Saxton Hale is basically everypony against one (or sometimes two or three, in other mods). everypony has to fight one person who has lots of health, can super jump, and can easily kill somepony in one hit. It's very fun, though, once you get used to it.
Iona

Postby Dragonshy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

I've seen the Vs Saxton Hale. It looks fun. But I've never seen that other one you mentioned, Iona.
Dragonshy

Postby Iona » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:52 am

Dragonshy wrote:I've seen the Vs Saxton Hale. It looks fun. But I've never seen that other one you mentioned, Iona.

Vs Ponyville is basically Vs Saxton Hale, but with characters from the show replacing Hale. Each character has their own unique musical theme (sometimes great, sometimes terrible) and abilities. It's quite a bit of fun.
Iona

Postby Dragonshy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 am

Vs Ponyville is basically Vs Saxton Hale, but with characters from the show replacing Hale. Each character has their own unique musical theme (sometimes great, sometimes terrible) and abilities. It's quite a bit of fun.

Ahh. That sounds like fun. We should probably add Vs Ponyville if we can.
Dragonshy

Postby Shinula » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:29 am

We'll definitely have a variety of maps (and therefor game-modes) and we can probably include a saxton hale map too.

The problem with the pony version of Saxton Hale is the server to client download. Sizable and time consuming.

Personally I think it'd be best to let people download their own pony mods for their clients rather than force everypony who joins to sit through a large download.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Iona » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:51 am

Shinula wrote:Personally I think it'd be best to let people download their own pony mods for their clients rather than force everypony who joins to sit through a large download.

They're going to have to download stuff, one way or another. May as well have it be one big mod and then not have to download anything else.
Iona

Postby Apple Jack » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 am

Iona wrote:
Shinula wrote:Personally I think it'd be best to let people download their own pony mods for their clients rather than force everypony who joins to sit through a large download.

They're going to have to download stuff, one way or another. May as well have it be one big mod and then not have to download anything else.

Shinula wrote:The problem with the pony version of Saxton Hale is the server to client download. Sizable and time consuming.

I'd never play on the server if we had all those mods. I have incredibly slow internet. The less I have to download, the better. I think it will still be fun without all the pony mods.
Apple Jack

Postby kojonny » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 am

Im with her my computer is not the best with handling mods and such like that so i wont be able to play with yall if you do decide to put them in
kojonny

Postby Apple Jack » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:36 pm

I think the server should have voting for the next map. Like after x number of rounds the next map is voted on in game.
Apple Jack

Postby Shinula » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:38 pm

@Apple Jack: It will have map voting.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby AppleTwist » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Oh wow, didnt expect this to blow up that fast. xD Ummm... lets see here... I know there is a way to incorporate skins into the server to where if you type !skins you can choose pony skins. Not sure how it is done however. x.x
AppleTwist

Postby Dragonshy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, theres a way, but the skins I've seen aren't that great.
Dragonshy

Next

Return to General Mayhem