Fillydelphia character Sprites

Postby Themiles » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 am

Fightydelphia: New D.A.W.N

First things first though:
One pony per person!

Current Pony list:

-GreenlingImage
Spoiler: show
This character will be fun. She will be able to use some nice stuns and ranged attacks, due to her talent to call upon nature. Vines, flowers and everything that may spoil an nongardners day. Still need to talk with her about some attacks. Her finsher could be "Casserole" summoning up her meat eating plant with the same name~ I plan on her being slightly faster than others. Maybe alternate finisher could be called "Weeding out"

-MojitoJoeImage
Of course, he would have a noble range of attacks, but many based upon his talent, soda making. Perhaps a bubble to reflect attacks shortly, or to hurt enemys in general. I plan him to be balanced. Finishers could be "Soda cannon" by firing off some soda bottles and another could be "Bright side of the Regulus" so far just something epic in my mind.

-SleepymixImage
He could rely on his size, being rather small. Hard to hit, but not much hp. His attacks will be bucking and headbutting in mellee, the Ice based attacks will be scoop shot, shooting Ice cream and.. I am pending if Freeze shouldn't make the floor slippery for enemys instead of freezing. Making it harder to fight.... Finishers would be "Wake up and smell the coffee!" giving him some coffee and buff him up to higher speed for a short time, and "Secret identity" turning him into his alter ego, Cloaked, giving him more power and life.

-Iona
She should be rather fierce in her attacks, otherwise perhaps slightly slower than others. Her talent of shapeshifting could make some nice moves, using Mini-Moon, Zebrona and so on. Her finisher should most defnitely be "Dracona" turning her into the said thing, a dragon, for a short time.

-KitecresImage
Close Range- Boxing attacks, so likely hooks and jabs.
Long Range: Leaping headbutt- He leaps hard into the air and circles in to bring his head smack into the other pony.
Special: Dragon Roar- He pulls in air for an area attack. If they get right in his face for it, it's devastating. If they're far away they take very little damage.
Summon: Depending on his life gauge, it summons a lasso out of no where and he gets a speed increase because he's dragged toward his opponent.
Finisher and Alternate: Ursa Major's roar- He breathes deep and unleashes everything with his wings pointing the way. Obviously it's a finisher XD.
Alternate Finisher: Roaring Skybuck- Kite leaps off the ground and uses a buck at high speeds.

-Sandy Rivers
I'm having my ideas for map related attacks now.. and I want to make that rambleing into something as well. I do love the idea of her being able to do some insane combos when played right, having her being not the strongest with one attack, but with more as she goes on. This would make her tricky and fun to play as~

-OctaviaImage
Octavia would do some nice attacks with her chello.. perhaps using a wallaby at some point? Who knows~ The fiddler should be her special buuuut.. could also make her switch between Octavia and the Fiddler (aka, Zelda from Smash brothers.)

-Obsidian Image
The third, more heavy type of pony. Tough but slow. His attacks in melee will be tackles and headbutts, range attacking will be throwing gems, like he said, straight line and low damage. Also love his special, of giving him a fiery aura that does damage when touched. Sounds mighty fine! Finisher is to be "Inferno" causing a nice inferno around him~

-Mayday
Fire fighting, alertness and perhaps even some randomness.. I do have my ideas on her attacks! Finisher should be called "Safety first!" and throw tons of saftey stuff on the enemy.

(((-Prickley Pear
Cactus attacks.. always good!

)))

(((-Apple Bumpkin
Bucking and apples all the way. She will pretty much be our AJ in this, just perhaps a bit more in a bad mood? I like the ideas with the lasso. Have to think on how to make the finisher look good though~

-Shadow Orchid
I admit, was hoping she would eventually join! I'll try to give her smooth, silky movements. Tail whip and seed shots are in. Like with Bumpkin, the finisher is something I'll have to think about~ I want everything to look great after all!
)))

(((-Velvet Backstitch/Diamond
Whip. The petal whip got my attention here. Also, with her finisher "rose petal flash" should make the opponent stunned in light for a bit~ I can see movements here! Also, may add some "clumsy" moves as well~
)))

-Scraggly
Been thinking about the dirty/clean thing alot. I have two ideas on that. Make his signature cutie mark move clean him as he uses it (As a finisher move!). He spins really fast after all! Or.. include him clean in later on additions, such as alternative skins.
Cause I love the dust attack ideas~

Orion Shadow
He makes me want to do tea related attacks. After all, he visits Iona alot for that.... Will get into some defensive attacks!

-Archie
Close: Mix of punches and kicks, likes to finish combos with big punches
Long: Fireballs, chargeable.
Special: Bolt of electricity
Summon: Agile swoops in and hits the enemy in the face with a reinforced bass guitar
Finisher: He slides up to the target using an ice platform and smashes them with an elemental punch

-Chell Image
Portal pony. This will be alot of fun. I want some cake in her finisher!

-Platinium Spark
I think his gadget orientation and the handle rod sound pretty cool. Can imagine quite some moves with him.

-Thunderball Image
Love his elemental side and will find many ways to zap some life into them *gets bricked for pun*

Moon Star
Shop keeps though:
Pallet and Shinula. I really want to add Shops in the rpg aspect of the game!

First stage - artistic stuff:
Currently I am at a very, very early stage of this. I want to sprite all characters in a basic battle pose first, then revamp them when I got all done and continue on the other poses/attacks/motions.

Each battle pose has 4 frames, that are put together in an animation with 9 frames total, to make things smoother.
Once revamped, they will recieve more color to them and perhaps an additional 5th frame.

All sprite sheets will have following:
-basic pose, standing
-battle pose
-Walking/Running/jumping
-couple ways of looking hurt (surrender poses?)
-K-O and victory poses
-4-5 different melee attacks
-3-4 special attacks
-2 finishers
(And some additional stuff, such as summonables. More to that, further down.)

Of course, Bgs and also stuff, such as other things are needed. But the sprites are the very first and important thing. Plus, they are fun to do~

These are the three that are done so far, battle poses: (will update as I finish more!)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
These are the sketches for upcoming ones:
In progress~

Enemies:Image
They will be added in the rpg portion of the game. Will put Shinulas list and the other ideas right up here!
These are currently ideas, not all confirmed.
* Generic 'Bad' ponies
* Griffins
* Manticores - Possibly as mini bosses
* Diamond dogs - Dig into the ground occasionally, and pop up annoyingly
* Parasprites - Multiply if not removed fast enough. Possibly eat equipment or items.
* Evil plant things! - Trees that drop fruit on you! Vines that come up from the ground and whip at you.
* Pony eating flowers
* Shadowy things - Shadow ponies, or just generic 'pitch black monsters with glowing eyes'
* Slimes because every game with rpg elements need slimes apparently
* Rock monsters! - They don't flinch when hit.
* Lizard people? - big, with spears
* Generic animal enemies: Snakes, boars, bats, giant birds etc
* Beetles - They spit stuff!
* Salamander style things - Occasionally catch fire, damaging the attacker.
* Giant spiders and scorpions
* Cockatrice!
* Hydras
* Small dragons
* Big dragons!
* Zombie ponies!
* Snow or ice monsters - Freezy attacks to encase the player in ice.
* sentient apple enemies (cause that is funny~)
* Thieves!

Second Stage - Sounds:

Every good game needs good music. Battle music and such. I am sadly not talented with this. But since there are plenty of music makers out there, that should not be the biggest problem, if I actually get this thing going.

And sounds, for the attacks!

Other thing, are voices. I kinda want to add them. It makes the characters more alive and I would love hearing snarky comments of Lucian, or a mad Greenling on rampage. Of course, for that we need actors. If interested, leave a note~
The lines will be talked over with the characters owner of course, as well which voice would fit.
Not doing anything without you guys~

Voice actors:
So far Greenling has stated she will be doing voices and even provided a link with her talent. Others that wish to do the same, may well.. do the same! I should be on this list later on as well!

Greenling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prjkOC8SwSg
Scraggly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPPgWQgl2xI

Music:
Will hopefully have something to list here soon!

Third stage -The actual game:
This is the part I still am unsure about, since I have little to no coding expierence. I would love to use flash for this though. But for that, I will need flash, or somepony that has it + expierence. But since that is still a far away thing to do, I won't search out just now. First things first.

I would love it to have a storyline to follow (any suggestions? Feel free to say em!) with basic rpg elements in them too. Perhaps different paths, depending on which pony you choose? Different endings? Still pending on so much.

Of course, it should have a basic Vs. mode, to play against each other. If that was online, it would be the best. Gotta look into that though~

Q&A:
Q - Also, before I start dropping suggestions, are we talking fighting game as in Street fighter style, 1 on 1 kind of thing, or more like the Scott Pilgrim game as mentioned, where it's you against various enemies as you walk down the street?

A- As I want to seperate this in an rpg and vs mode, I will go more towards the Street fighter style. Or better said, perhaps more towards the Smash brothers style. Of course, I will try my best to make everypony happy with what we produce here!

Q-Do you mind if I help make some sprites for some characters or do you prefers them all in your styles? Cause I don't think I can make it exactly like your style. Your style is very unique!

A - Just go for it! Everypony may add their stuff to this! We will see how we get things to fit together~ I know my style isn't MLP accurate, but hay! I am happy, when you guys are!

Not really Q but - Part of me really wants in on this. The rest of me, however, says I'm not nearly involved in the community enough to deserve a position.
Part of me also wants to say more on that subject, but the rest of me says nopony's interested in hearing me ramble.

A - Just describe your pony and all! I will give everypony a chance. Of course, understand that I can only have a certain amount of ponies in here, but still,try it!
Last edited by Themiles on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:55 am, edited 20 times in total.
Themiles

Re: Fillydelphia character Sprites

Postby LennonFan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 am

By all means, feel free to add Orion! I can provide his voice too. The same goes for my alt, RockyHooferson. He's perfect for thisbecause his powers as a Champion of Darkness let him create energy blasts of pure sound.
Last edited by LennonFan on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LennonFan

Postby DblSpark » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:21 am

Count me in as well
Feel free to ask me which of my Ocs you would like in this. Most of them are adapted to this kind of world ^^

The only characters I could probably see in this would be
Platinum , Jentra, Pallet
Axl, Lollipop, Django,
I can add more if ya want.

Maybe the rest of the guild or Neon Rhythm gang could be summonables for other ponies as well.
Turbo and Rave could be summonables for Swift and Archie possibly XD
Last edited by DblSpark on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
DblSpark

Postby goldengirl » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:26 am

Lucian and Greenie look Amazing. Amazing with a capital A. :rainbowawesome: I may possibly be able to do background music, also.
goldengirl

Postby Sleepy Mix » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:35 am

Awesome!! I just love all those finishing moves and I can't wait to see each sprite! Though Moonshade and Lotta fighting would be... impossible! They couldn't!
Sleepy Mix

Postby Divinity Dust » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:45 am

That's awesome! I look forward to seeing the finished product, because seriously, that's cool!

I'm afraid none of my characters would be useful for this, though. So I shall just watch. Because seriously, could you imagine how useless one of the flutter ponies would be in a fight? Hilarious, yes. Feasible? Nope.
Divinity Dust

Postby Skyblaze » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:00 am

Skyblaze isn't one to get into a fight. Her only special ability would be to cower in the fetal position and scream, "NOT THE FACE NOT THE FACE!"

Thistledown would get into a scrap if need be, but I'm not sure what sort of special attacks she might have.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
Skyblaze

Postby Prickly Pear » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:25 am

That is so neat! Prickly Pear would be good for this! I could just see her now using cacti as weapons XD
Not Kelpy though. She would win every time because no one would want to fight her.
Prickly Pear

Postby Shinula » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:54 am

I cannot even begin to express my love for this right now. I know I've seen your sprites before but I can't remember if I commented or not, but they're amazing all the same. Can't wait to see how other characters will turn out.

I'd love to help out too where I can. Really hope this turns out as brilliant as I picture it.

Also, before I start dropping suggestions, are we talking fighting game as in Street fighter style, 1 on 1 kind of thing, or more like the Scott Pilgrim game as mentioned, where it's you against various enemies as you walk down the street?
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:39 am

Oh, COOL! The sprites you have already are freakin' awesome and I'm excited to see how this develops.

And hey, Sandy certainly has the rage to work in a fighting game. X3 I'd be pleased if you put her in.
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Crescendo Kite » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 am

All I can really say is-
Final1- Ending Roar. It's loud, it's proud and if he directs it at you with his wings, you're in for a hurting.

I see Kite in this too.

"I am Crescendo R. Kite and I Fight!"

The only problem is that he'd never be able to do damage to Iona XD. As in Kite refuses to be used if he's going against Iona in such a character select screen. XD.

However, this really is awesome!
Crescendo Kite

Postby Mayday » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:43 am

Do you mind if I help make some sprites for some characters or do you prefers them all in your styles? Cause I don't think I can make it exactly like your style. Your style is very unique!

Also, promoting this on front page, if you don't mind, cause it is too cool not to!
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Barbarella » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:44 am

BUENO

If you want to put Octavia/The Fiddler in, you can.
Barbarella

Postby MojitoJoe » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:13 am

This is perhaps one of the best ideas I've ever seen! Your welcome to use any and all my OC's if you want more and I'd recommend my boxing and racing pony from the lower west side of Fillydelphia Swift_Bolt as a possible candidate for this. Also I love that concept art of Greenling and Lucian and I can't wait to see how the others come along. Keep us posted!
MojitoJoe

Postby Cyberfox VII » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:45 am

:pinkiegasp: ...

Part of me really wants in on this. The rest of me, however, says I'm not nearly involved in the community enough to deserve a position.
Part of me also wants to say more on that subject, but the rest of me says nopony's interested in hearing me ramble.
Cyberfox VII

Postby Divinity Dust » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 am

Barbarella wrote:If you want to put Octavia/The Fiddler in, you can.

This. DO IT.
Divinity Dust

Postby Obsidian » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:50 am

I gotta nominate my OCs for this.

Obsidian would be slow, but tough. Final Attack: Inferno - a short-range 360 blast of fire.

Seabreeze probably isn't good with this, unless there are random obstacles she can use as shields/ammo with her telekinesis. Definitely low defense/hp

And of course, HARMONY! Highly mobile but the most fragile of all. Standard attack - energy dash. Final attack: DOLPHINS!

Oh yeah, I'm also gonna totally install all these into my desktop ponies program.
Obsidian

Postby Variety » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 am

Awwr. Nifty. I wholeheartedly approve.
Variety

Postby Ayame_ExGoddess » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:54 pm

You may absolutely add Sapphire if you like. She'd probably fight by summoning things for big attacks or items from her shop. Those sprites you have already done are fantastic!
Ayame_ExGoddess

Postby Themiles » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:13 pm

First off....

:heart: *Hugs everypony!* :heart:

Thanks Mayday for the front page thing.. I am all.. blushy. Can't find the right word for my happiness bought this~

Now! Thanks at first for all the comments! I am sooooo glad so many actually approve of this! Was worried some would be worried, about a fighting game. But it is for fun! Always remember that~

So, some thoughts that had gone through my mind until now.
Kite and Sleepy did mention a huge point. Ponies that wouldn't fight eachother. Moonshade/Lotta, Kite/Iona.. you get the point! Should certain combinations be blocked? Of course this is a matter of later on... but.. I would think about it!

Music and voices.. you guys are so awesome! I am glad so many are wanting to support voices. Will get deeper into that topic a bit later. As for now, if you have a musical or/and voice talent and all, feel free to show off what you can do! I might try talking for Lotta a bit.. or Gem.. depending on which I get done better.

I mean.. wouldn't anypony else want a theme song for Fillydelphia..? I sure would love one~

About the fighting style. I want to make it semi-platformer like. While I was indeed inspired by Scott Pilgrim, it was basically the fighting style(the attacks and all) and going against enemys. In the rpy elements, I do want actual other things to be enemys, like Parasprites, Diamond dogs, dragons.. what you can think of!
But I would like to keep it fighting stylish more towards Smash brothers. Side scrolling, one layer. Of course, suggestions!

And last but not least.. don't fear to describe me what you want from your character! Face, pose, attacks, everything, say it all! I want to end up making sprites that make you feel that not just represent your character, they should BE your character! And you, in the end, should be the one enjoying playing with the style he or she has! So, pour out all you want me to do! I will sketch up things and post them here. Changes can always be done. Just no art of the dress deals, like 20% cooler~ We learned from that episode, no?

Updatewise:

Added
-Sandy Rivers
-Octavia
-Obsidian
-Harmony
-Mayday
-Prickley Pear
Please tell me more, or if my ideas are approved by you! And if I forgot somepony, that was due to either me being a scatterbrain, or simply not enough details behind the character. Need them details!

Added Q&A as well!
Themiles

Postby Sunset Skye » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Sunset and Fyre would both be good fits for this i think, but if you get too many requests you don't have to throw them in. Don't wanna overwhelm you ^^;; I think the idea is epic though!
Sunset Skye

Postby Divinity Dust » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Some ponies could have NPC type roles instead of being there to fight. The idea of a little Kelpy popping in the cheer ponies on is heartwarming.
Divinity Dust

Postby Themiles » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Divinity Dust wrote:Some ponies could have NPC type roles instead of being there to fight. The idea of a little Kelpy popping in the cheer ponies on is heartwarming.

*heartmeltage* I like the idea!
Themiles

Postby Divinity Dust » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:51 pm

Themiles wrote:*heartmeltage* I like the idea!

Kelpy makes everything that much cuter!
Divinity Dust

Postby Greenling » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Olent can start out as if she's going to be a fighter!.... then get distracted by a patch of flowers.
"For the glory of Luna, get yourself together."
Greenling

Next

Return to Everypony else