View topic - Minecraft - Pony Skins for Pony mods

Minecraft - Pony Skins for Pony mods

Everything else pony related goes here

Minecraft - Pony Skins for Pony mods

Postby Shinula » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:38 pm

You can get the pony mod here

And of course, you can make your own skins like normal. I thought I'd just post some here as I make them.

Fillydelphia Offical Server forum topic here
Last edited by Shinula on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shinula
Celestia

Re: Minecraft - Pony Skins for Pony mods

Postby Shinula » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:39 pm

Here is Midwatch, my first attempt. I'm a little bit iffy about the eyes and mane but I suppose I'll have to deal with that, when you've only got about 8x8 pixels worth of room for each section.
screenshots2.png
Midwatch
screenshots2.png (280.91 KiB) Viewed 7829 times

EDIT: Now with more quality. Not sure how that happened before.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby no space » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:57 pm

That looks awesome. But I'm terrified of downloading it, because I just managed to break my Minecraft addiction last month. I don't know if I'd survive a relapse.
no space

Postby Ayame_ExGoddess » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Is there a template??
Ayame_ExGoddess

Postby Shinula » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:50 pm

@no spacel: -adds Marl to list of skins to make- Now you will HAVE TO PLAY IT.

@Ayame_ExGoddess: If you go to the thread (Here), in the first post there should, in one of the spoiler boxes, instructions and guides(with pictures) on how to make them for Ponies rather than normal Minecraft models. It's quite simple after a quick look, but I really must point out to make sure you do the transparency right otherwise the mane and tail don't show up.
You can also download some pre-made skins there too.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby no space » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Noooo! But if I'm gonna have ponies in my Minecraft, I can't very well play alone. Guess I gotta go find a pony server.
no space

Postby Shinula » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Actually on that note I need to talk to Mayday about it. I keep forgetting. A Fillydelphia Minecraft server would be most excellent.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby no space » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Aw jeez, I'm never gonna get anything done ever again.
no space

Postby Tek Croon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:10 pm

I've been working on setting one up...

My home connection would support a server of up to 12 ponies
Tek Croon

Iona

Postby Shinula » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:19 am

And here is Iona!
showcase2.png
Iona
showcase2.png (35.5 KiB) Viewed 7752 times

Excuse the lack of shots, I am currently lazy.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Apple Jack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:22 am

no space wrote:That looks awesome. But I'm terrified of downloading it, because I just managed to break my Minecraft addiction last month. I don't know if I'd survive a relapse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxBdAqJF ... re=related
Apple Jack

Postby Ayame_ExGoddess » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:11 am

This Mod is adorable. It took far too long to install, but it's adorable. And since it works with my other mods, I can build Princess Luna the Moon Palace she so richly deserves.
Ayame_ExGoddess

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:29 am

I would squee with delight at the prospect of a Filly Minecraft server. It would increase the amount of time I play minecraft ten-fold. X3
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Mayday » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 am

Wouldn't mind a fillydelphia minecraft server at all. I would host one, but if somepony else have a good computer for it then it might be better. This server is actually fairly busy with my other sites.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Tek Croon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Well, if anypony knows how to host one and wants to help me put one together, I can host it from my home PC.
Tek Croon

Postby Shinula » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:43 pm

OKAY, so after talking to Mayday and Tek about hosting, the best option currently is to host it on the same server Filly is hosted from, but that's not what I need to ask.

We want to check what folks want to server to be like, so, I'll ask those questions here, and hopefully get some answers. Okay go!

These are questions to you players of Minecraft, please reply to have your say.

Game-mode of Server:
Survival, with health and monsters and mobs and all?
Or Creative, where building happily with as much as you like?

RP Server:
Do we want a RP server? Probably not. After talking about it, it has become clear without certain server mods Minecraft is not really fit for it. Besides, that's what the forums and Chat are for. Do we really need a third? It would be nice, (Since this is a RP site and all) but at the moment it's probably not the easiest thing. However, if enough people think we should, well then we will.

Map:
What type of map do we want?
- Random map, just normal like
- Use a seed to generate it
- Download a pre-made map
- Flat map (Probably only if we go Creative mode, but either way it's BORING.)

Custom Server software:
Well, peeps like mods. Like said Pony Mod this thread is about! However that's only needed for each client (player). For the server it's different. Right now, the best custom server software is not up to date for Minecraft, so it's really not an option. However it might be later.

Anyway, I think that's all that needs to be asked...
Right now, I'd say personally a vanilla survival server with a random map would work peachy fine, pure and simple. That's just my opinion though.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby Tek Croon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Vanilla Survival with a random map is great with a spawn bricks mod so we can build what we want without ages of mining. That's my favorite way to play.

Also a mod where we can teleport to waypoints set by the server admin. That way we can submit creations to be added to a list and ponies can teleport to their favorite spot quickly.
Tek Croon

Postby Iona » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:54 pm

Tek Croon wrote:Vanilla Survival with a random map is great with a spawn bricks mod so we can build what we want without ages of mining. That's my favorite way to play.

But then what's the point, if we automatically get all the materials we could ever want?
Iona

Postby no space » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I am all about Vanilla Survival on a random map. It's honestly all I ever play. I'd probably never use it for RP, myself, but then, I never thought I'd use a chat room for RP, so what do I know?

If there was a way for people to still spawn whatever blocks/items/what have you, that would be pretty neat too, for those who are more about building than mining and surviving, but I don't know how or if that would work.
no space

Postby Shinula » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm

As said, currently, server mods are not really available right now. If there's something else that isn't Bukkit, and doesn't cause a mess of the server, then maybe bring it up.

As for folks who would rather build than 'survive', then they could possibly be set to Creative mode. However, this could cause problems for the Survival mode players. Obviously it wouldn't be fair for Creative players to go about giving free stuff to Survival players.
Shinula
Celestia

Postby no space » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Well, as long as Survivalists don't accept things from Creatives, I don't think it's that big of an issue. I think if we had a designated "Creative Area" where they could flatten the terrain and build to their hearts' content, it would fix things rather nicely. We could even do it straight from the spawn point: north of the meridian is survival, south is creative. It would be nice to have some sort of option to teleport between the areas to cut down on travel time if you just wanted to ogle at somepony's sculpture, but I don't really know how much you can do with basic Minecraft and what you'd need mods for.
no space

Postby Ayame_ExGoddess » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:51 pm

I tried making a skin! It came out okay, but I'll be working on it more in the future. Thanks Shinula for the help!

Ayame_ExGoddess

Postby Armads » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm

I used to play on a Pony Minecraft server, back when Ponycraft was still working well. It's still up I think, but the charm really wore off for me.

Here's what I think should be done.

Set up a vanilla survival game. Then, allow players to do what they want. That is, it is possible for the moderators to spawn items in game. If not, then there should be a nice mod for it in bukkit.

Otherwise, players can do what they will. Use a randomly generated map, so that it constantly remains interesting. Of course, since we're not building a scale model of equestria like we tried to do over in Ponycraft (seriously, we build Manehatten, Fillydelphia, ponyville, stalliongrad, and a few other places to SCALE there), i don't think space is really an issue. Unless people mine into each others mines. If that's the case, then just place signs or something.

The biggest issue in multiplayer survival minecraft is resources. usually in a starting area, people remove everything that can be used pretty quickly. So it keeps getting bigger and bigger. That's the issue with a server with lots of people; the farther out they go, the more map is generated. We had a guy walk northwest for about four hours straight... almost crashed the server doing it.

Regardless. If the mods on the server itself have the ability to spawn things, then it shouldn't be a problem to give those who just want to build items, and to let those who want to challenge survival do so.
Armads

Postby Tek Croon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, I used to play on discovr.us back in the day. We had different permissions levels for different rights. Newbies have to mine and 'prove' them selves before being upgraded to a permission level that could spawn items.

Spawning items isn't required but what it does is put the focus on building instead of surviving which I expect many of us will want to get right into building our houses n such without a lot of work. Then we can enjoy each others creations and just dink around as we please. You can go survive if you wish, or experiments with redstone circuitry and minecarts.
Tek Croon

Postby Tek Croon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:26 pm

There are lots of alternatives to Bukkit

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Custom_servers

I've heard good things about Bravo
Tek Croon

Next

Return to Everypony else