View topic - Princess Twilight, Alicorns, and Immortality

Princess Twilight, Alicorns, and Immortality

Everything else pony related goes here

Princess Twilight, Alicorns, and Immortality

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:55 am

Ok, so I have heard a few arguments on the Twilight turning into a alicorn and being immortal. I say that no, Twilight will not outlive any of her friends. Reasons being is, Cadence is a alicorn, but it show in the show, her aging, so I think she isn't immortal. Twilight and Cadence where both created, so we will call them artificial alicorns. Luna and Celestia and born alicorns, so we can call them natural alicorns. Now, they state that Twilight can live, but not forever, so if they did make her outlive her friends, that would upraise a little bit of chaos with the bronies and what not, this is my head canon, you might think differently though.
I do not think Twilight will out live her friends.
Hagwhegsaze

Re: Princess Twilight, Alicorns, and Immortality

Postby MrPip42 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:11 pm

:trixieright: You forget the kids book Hasbro published that told the past of cadence, if I recall correctly she HAS lived for 1000 years as she was there when Sombra took over. I may not be right will have to read it again.
MrPip42

Postby Ayame_ExGoddess » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/04/t ... e-her.html

For the tl:dr crowd, it's already been established that Twilight won't outlive the other non-Alicorn characters.
Ayame_ExGoddess

Postby Avarick » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:23 pm

MrPip42 wrote::trixieright: You forget the kids book Hasbro published that told the past of cadence, if I recall correctly she HAS lived for 1000 years as she was there when Sombra took over. I may not be right will have to read it again.

Cadance's backstory has nothing to do with Sombra. She aged like a normal pony, and was born as a pegasus but adopted by an earth pony family, I believe. The villain she defeats is an enchantress, after which she becomes an alicorn.

But yes, it's been confirmed since pretty much day one taht Twilight wouldn't outlive her normal pony friends! I'd assume Celestia and Luna were born alicorns or are a more powerful kind, which allows them to live for much longer a time. I suppose we might find out when the Journal of the Two Sisters is published.
Avarick

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 am

My head canon is that Luna and Tia are born alicorns, but then again, Hasbro didn't say anything about it, Then again, I could be wrong.
Hagwhegsaze

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:30 am

Or Twilight's friends also become immortal! Didn't think of that, didja?

...or much more likely nopony will ever age ever because it's a television show. How long has Bart Simpson been 12?
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:00 am

MrPip42 wrote::trixieright: You forget the kids book Hasbro published that told the past of cadence, if I recall correctly she HAS lived for 1000 years as she was there when Sombra took over. I may not be right will have to read it again.

Mr.Pip, Cadence was not around when Sombra first took over, it was Luna and Tia who defeated him and locked him away. If Cadence was around at the current time, Sombra would have never come into rule, Luna and Tia would have seen what was really in his heart and banished him before any of the pure slavery would have happened. And if she was ruling the crystal empire around the time Twilight was born, she would have never foal sat her.Being a ruler and all, she would not have time. So perhaps Shining Amour and Cadence wouldn't have met, so changeling queen thing (I forgot her name) probably wouldn't be able to attack Canterlot. Meaning, that we would have never met Shining Amour, and maybe if we did it would be much later in the show. So everything piles up :derpyt:
Hagwhegsaze

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Tue May 13, 2014 11:32 am

I also find the Sombra thing quite silly
Hagwhegsaze

Return to Everypony else