View topic - Rainbow Dash and Sonic rainbooms

Rainbow Dash and Sonic rainbooms

Everything else pony related goes here

Rainbow Dash and Sonic rainbooms

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:00 am

Ok, so I have seen Rainbow Dash do at least 3 sonic rainbooms
And one she did in front of the wonderbolts and saved their lives, so why didn't the wonderbolts let her join the team? She is the only pony alive able to do a sonic rainboom, so I think that the wonderbolts are crazy. :flutterrage:

Ok another thing, Dash has to fly really fast to do the Boom, so is it possible for her to hurt her wings, she did one time but that was because she crashed but never hurt it in the air. So is Dash indestructible? I know its a TV show, but come on.
Hagwhegsaze

Re: Rainbow Dash and Sonic rainbooms

Postby aspirations » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:08 pm

To be fair, the Wonderbolts look for more than simple speed in a member. They also look at overall flight skills and the personalities of those who want to join.
Love thy enemy-- it drives them nuts.
aspirations

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:55 pm

aspirations wrote:To be fair, the Wonderbolts look for more than simple speed in a member. They also look at overall flight skills and the personalities of those who want to join.

Meaning?
Hagwhegsaze

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:04 am

Meaning being able to hit incredible speeds doesn't get you on the elite flight squad. It takes training, teamwork and dedication.

Spoiler: show
Besides, they already realized her talent at the flight camp, the Equestria Games tryouts and even allowed her to take the test to become a reserve Wonderbolt. Clearly they see her potential.
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Skyblaze » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

As the Wonderbolts Academy showed, much like an actual military organization the last person ... er ... pony... you want on your team is the gung-ho one who is only interested in winning. Discipline, loyalty, and duty are key. Speed isn't everything.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
Skyblaze

Postby Hagwhegsaze » Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am

Ah I see, that still doesn't tell me if she could hurt her wings or not by flying too fast
Hagwhegsaze

Postby Skyblaze » Thu May 08, 2014 7:33 am

If the story calls for it, yes.

I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for, but anything else is speculation, really.

In-universe, though... I doubt it. Her special talent is, basically, "gotta go fast!" She's no more likely to hurt herself with sheer speed alone than Pinkie is to hurt herself while planning a party. :pinkiehappy:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
Skyblaze

Return to Everypony else