View topic - A day in the Ponyville Library

A day in the Ponyville Library

In character Pony Stuff. You can use this forum for any public, free for all roleplay.

Re: A day in the Ponyville Library

Postby Ashkitty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 am

Color Splash walked up to the big Oak tree- turned building- and opened the door. She had figured on Twilight Sparkle being there, as it was her home, but on such a nice day, she hadn't figured on other ponies being there. She knew very few citizens of Ponyville, as she very rarely came to town. Hermit-like life did not bode well for socializing.

"Hello, Twilight Sparkle. Did any new art books come in? I'm... kind of in a rut," she greeted the familiar purple pony. She was not ignoring Sandy Rivers. She did plan on greeting the pony at some point, but she was on a mission.
Ashkitty

Postby Mayday » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am

For the moment, will have to address Color Splash first! After all, she already had a conversation with their favorite Cartography slightly earlier in the timeline of this happening. "Oh, hello there.... Art book?" she of course, are familiar to most ponies in town. Even if she might not personally know all of them. Once the request is made, she take a moment of her time to ruffles through the new arrival bins. "There is a new art book... Fine art in Photography.... Oddly enough taking photographs has became a popular past time within Ponyville as of late. Would that help you in anyway Color Splash?"
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 am

Sandy couldn't help but look up as a new pony entered the Library, blinking a few times at her odd coloration. She'd seen ponies with all varieties of coat colors but this one certainly took the cake- In addition to a rainbow mane, it seemed her fur was its own spotted rainbow. Still, she'd seen weirder things so she didn't focus on it too long. She went back to her work, which at the moment consisted of copying a picture she sketched of a particularly large tree with an impressive root system. She hadn't checked while she was out there, but had the tree been hollow, it would have made an excellent residence for somepony. Either way, she scratch-scratch-scratched the page with her dip pen, getting down all the extensive cross-hatching.
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Ashkitty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:09 pm

"Thank you! It's perfect!" she exclaimed, happily accepting the book with her pink-colored magic spell. She took a look at the cover and flipped a bit throught the pages on her way to the Art section. She carefully selected a few art books that were closer to her current piece's subject and piled them, the new book placed on top.
Color Splash trotted over to where Sandy Rivers sat sketching. "Hello. I'm Color Splash. Would you mind if I sit beside you? I noticed you were drawing and it's really inspiring to be near other artists," she requested, smiling.

(Sorry. I didn't mean to skip over Twilight's response. But it would have been a short post. >.<)
Ashkitty

Postby Mayday » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Twilight Sparkle Seem to be more then happy to have helped, and simply leave that to Sandy and Color Splash. Noticing both fairly artistic pony, she decided it is best to let them get to know each other a bit and mind her own reading business for the time being.
Mayday
Administrator

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 am

Sandy looked up again from what she was doing and blinked at Color Splash. She scoots to the side to make room for Color Splash.

"You're welcome to sit beside me but I think you're mistaken. I'm no artist," she said with a shake of her head. "I'm a Cartographer. This isn't a drawing. It's more of a botanical illustration. Entries like this in a map give ponies something they can visually recognize and use to confirm their position. Art is more of a creative thing, I think."
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Ashkitty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 am

Color Splash sat down in the spot that was made for her and set her pink-glowing books on the table before releasing the magic from them. "But you're still drawing aren't you? You use the same process, at least. Just with a little less....emotion," she responded to the blue-maned pony. She peeked at the Earth ponies illustration before pulling the top book from the pile.
Ashkitty

Postby Sandy_Rivers » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am

"It's the difference between writing a text book and writing a novel. This is just for reference, a guide, a learning tool. Anypony with enough experience can draw a tree or a flower or a timber wolf. It doesn't make it art."

She goes back to the tree she was copying over. For a pony that insisted she wasn't an artist, she had an amazing eye for detail. Every knot and branch, even the texturing of the bark was being conveyed through the delicate cross-hatching she seemed to be printing onto the page like a machine. Her steady mouth and quick strokes certainly implied years, if not decades of experience.
Sandy_Rivers

Postby Switchblade » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Switchblade quietly enters the library, keen to keep away from any socialization. He then walks over to a bookcase and picks off a random book and starts to read, while reading he rests his helmet on a desk, it is a bronze and black striped design. As for the shape, it has a hole for his horn and a bit to let his mane poke scruffily out the top. As for Switchblade himself, he is a sturdy built colt of about twenty with a dark blue coat and goggles over his eyes.

As he reads he makes comments to himself like "oh I see." and "Why would he do that I wonder." Eventually he picks off a book about sword fighting techniques and reads it.
Switchblade

Previous

Return to Public Roleplay