View topic - Dance Class

Dance Class

In character Pony Stuff. You can use this forum for any public, free for all roleplay.

Re: Dance Class

Postby Dragonshy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 am

Gardania is still kinda unsure about her teacher, but she pulls her note pad out of her tail and opens it then writes "Hi I'm Gardania." in it and shows it to Hotstep with a nervous smile.
Dragonshy

Postby Variety » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:08 pm

"Not flamingos, miss Tiara, Flamenco, it is a traditional dance." he shifts his focus, looking about between the students and attempting to address each in turn. He turns to the next pony, and ruffles her mane. "It is nice to meet you Kelly, I hope we will along well together, I see plenty of enthusiasm in you." he blinks, and pulls back immediately at Silver Spoon's spectacle, spooked. He frowns, looking at her sternly. "Dear little pony, please do not do that again, you are not ready. You could quite easily injure yourself. There is much strengthening exercises and flexibility that you must attain before attempting to move on your hind hooves. You place much strain on your hips that way, as our body was not designed to move in such a fashion." he waves a hoof emphatically in addition to this point, terribly worried that she will be feeling that tomorrow. He pauses, looking at the small green filly, and her paper. He freezes stock still for a moment, before smiling and patting her on the head. How sweet she is.
Variety

Postby Sleepy Mix » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:44 am

Kelly smiled brightly at Hotstep, she really loved ponies ruffling her mane. "Thank you! I hope we get along well aswell!" She couldn't wait to start dancing.
Sleepy Mix

Postby Diamond Charm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:29 am

"Yes, yes, OK," Sighed Silver Spoon. She wasn't feeling it YET, so she didn't see what the big deal was! She sat down on her haunches to wait for the GOOD part of class - the part where she got to stand train to stand on her hind legs.
These ponies don't wanna party! They want to paaaaar-tay!
-Great Philosopher and Wisemare Pinkie Pie
Diamond Charm

Postby Dragonshy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Gardania flinches as Hotstep reaches over to her, but relaxes when he pats her. Then smiles as him.
Dragonshy

Postby Whiteeyes » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Augh this class was useless. Nopony of the upper class dances. They stand around and talk and stuff while old-people music plays. That's how the Grand Galloping Galla goes every year anyway, and if the rich didn't do it then it wasn't worth doing.
This signature needs to be about 20% more Mr. Bunny.

Countdown to the Zombie Appocalypse: 87 DAYS
The first time you see this, copy it in your signature and subtract one.
Whiteeyes

Postby Variety » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Hotstep looks over the group. He would have to get some sort of aquatic enclosure set up for the sea pony before next week. He sees the eagerness, the impatience, and even the disinterest in the students, and it make him smile. What he would teach them, if he did it well, would be with them for the rest of their lives. It was a shame that their eagerness would not be rewarded so soon. "Now, before we begin there are a few questions I want to ask you. The first: What is dance about, what is its purpose?" he asks, looking over the class expectantly, as though they would know the answer to this. Usually one of them does, and he would be delighted if they did, it would allow things to progress so much more quickly.
Variety

Postby Dragonshy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Gardania tilts her head at the questions and thinks for a bit. Then she writes "Dance is about having fun, and its purpose is to fave fun with others. Right?" in her note pad and shows it to the class.
Dragonshy

Postby Diamond Charm » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Silver Spoon had no idea that Gardania had said anything! Not bothering to read the note, she smiled, raised a hoof, and, utterly failing to wait to be called upon she answered as snobbily as she could muster, "Dance is, like, obviously to give a pony a chance to show off her grace and beauty so everypony knows she's totally amazing."
These ponies don't wanna party! They want to paaaaar-tay!
-Great Philosopher and Wisemare Pinkie Pie
Diamond Charm

Postby Sleepy Mix » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:16 am

Kelly raised a hoof but lowered it as soon as Silver Spoon had answered. She had a different answer but lost her chance so she would just sit and wait.
Sleepy Mix

Postby Variety » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:22 am

Hotstep pauses. "You are correct, though, some of you are more correct than others. Dance is at it's most basic level, about communication. The power of dance is the power of expression, and in order to master that expression you must empower your soul. The soul of dance is what we call the 'Duende'. The duende comes from understanding yourself, and more than that, understanding what music and movement mean to you. To me, dance is a way of life, and it has been since, I was, a foal. Now, mooost ponies think that dancing is about moving to the music, but as you will learn in your time with me, this is a common misconception. The first step in your training is to listen to your heart and find a melody that means something to you, and then, once you have found that, I want you to write your own. In order to properly begin your training, you must first find your duende, and this is the first step to doing so."
Variety

Postby Whiteeyes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:58 am

"Wait, we need to do writing? In a dance class? Are you sure you have the right schedule?" Diamond Tiara asks, viably annoyed and confused.
This signature needs to be about 20% more Mr. Bunny.

Countdown to the Zombie Appocalypse: 87 DAYS
The first time you see this, copy it in your signature and subtract one.
Whiteeyes

Postby Dragonshy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 am

Gardania tilts her head and writes "What do you mean by a melody that means something to us?" and shows Hotstep.
Dragonshy

Previous

Return to Public Roleplay